cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant On, Windows 8

Vechaljian
Level 7
This forum Has helped Me get my g75vw nearly perfect after this I upgraded to windows 8 following hints and guides, However one thing I cant seem to get up is instant on, Question is, Is it worth it? and if it is how do I get it working with windows 8, the windows 8 version from asus when you click setup, gives me "your computer doesn't have the instant on support built in" and it cancels the process, I can load the windows 7 version, but doesn't seem to work at all. any Ideas?
9 REPLIES 9

SUKARA
Level 10
Did you installed the ATK package?

SUKARA@ASUS wrote:
Did you installed the ATK package?
Yes. I was having problems turning off my touch pad, found out that was needed, so installed the windows 8 version.

I have the same problem on my N56VM, upgraded from win 7 to 8 as well. I've been trying to find a solution since I upgraded to win 8.

I want instant on because of the longer sleep battery life, it was working fine on win 7.

😞

Apexing
Level 9
Ive never been able to load the windows 7 instant on, and windows 8 instant on either.
so dont know if im missing out on something.
laptop boots fast already, tho I do have a SSD.

I have the exact same problem as Vechaljian, also have installed the latest ATK package but still get the same message.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Vechaljian wrote:
This forum Has helped Me get my g75vw nearly perfect after this I upgraded to windows 8 following hints and guides, However one thing I cant seem to get up is instant on, Question is, Is it worth it? and if it is how do I get it working with windows 8, the windows 8 version from asus when you click setup, gives me "your computer doesn't have the instant on support built in" and it cancels the process, I can load the windows 7 version, but doesn't seem to work at all. any Ideas?

The download site has this message on the install.

Instant On:
If you want to upgrade your OS from Win 7 to Win 8, to prevent software compatibility issue, please uninstall the older version driver before install the newer version driver

Have you tried that first?

GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:
The download site has this message on the install.

Instant On:
If you want to upgrade your OS from Win 7 to Win 8, to prevent software compatibility issue, please uninstall the older version driver before install the newer version driver

Have you tried that first?

Several times. when I do that I still get the Message "your computer doesn't have the instant on support built in". I also just bought a g55 with windows 8 pre loaded for my wife,and it has it on that, it works, so I tried the g55 version on my g75 aswell, no go.

MathDom
Level 7
I have the same problem on my G75VW-TS71! 😞

stryker000
Level 7
For anyone still looking, i found a solution.

When you download the instantOn-package, don't run the setup. Go in the folder "Data". There will be (in my case) 3 .msi packages. The 409.msi was the installer which didn't complain and was in English!
Everything works perfect now!

(i'm on a N56VZ)