cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G73jw - Fn+ key and the keyboard backlight does not work

BooRooNDooK
Level 7
Hi!
It all started with the fact that once the button is not working Fn +, combined with all the keys. Next, I clicked off the keyboard backlight and subsequently turn on the backlight keyboard failed. The keyboard backlight turns on only when the notebook.

I reinstalled the operating system, installed all the drivers, but a positive result was not achieved.

Advise what could be done? How can you test the Fn button? I tried the game assign Fn button on certain weapons, but it has no reaction. Should it be?
2 REPLIES 2

Capt1v1ty
Level 7
BooRooNDooK wrote:
Hi!
It all started with the fact that once the button is not working Fn +, combined with all the keys. Next, I clicked off the keyboard backlight and subsequently turn on the backlight keyboard failed. The keyboard backlight turns on only when the notebook.

I reinstalled the operating system, installed all the drivers, but a positive result was not achieved.

Advise what could be done? How can you test the Fn button? I tried the game assign Fn button on certain weapons, but it has no reaction. Should it be?

I had this same issue on my g73sw. There is a fix for it. Lookup g73jh backlit fix. Someone on the forum made it and it worked perfect. I think it had something to do with the bios. I might be wrong. Sorry I can't link it cause my g73 died and I'm on my phone.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/513264-keyboard-light-fix-gary-key.html

That is the fix. The newest download links are on page 12 or here : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bzj6JjnAJZjjUEJsbU5IQU96Mzg

I just did this on my SW and it worked.
Asus G73M (Used to be G73SW-BST6 now renamed to M for the Muratus edition)

• Intel Core i7-2630QM
  • 1080p (1920x1080) LCD (upgraded)
  • Samsung pm830 256GB SSD
  • Sansung 750GB 7200rmp 2nd HD
  • Bluetooth ( added )
  • Blu-ray/DVD ( upgraded )
  • Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Mods: