cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.0 left side ports not working in windows 8

jayjeremy
Level 7
Hi, all:
I have a G75 BBK version. I purchased a new Kingston 120 gb ssd this BF and did a clean install of Windows 8 few hours ago. I also purchased a seagate 3TB backup plus ( USB 3.0 connection) and backed up my files via USB left side port last night. Everything was working fine. Before the install I flashed the BIOS to the newest version (221) . After the clean install, i installed all driver from ASUS website, Fixed some unknown device error. BUT, My LEFT 2 USB 3.0 port wouldn't mount any USB 3.0 device anymore. (The right side USB 3.0 ports still working fine). I googled this problem, and it turned out most of this happened in Windows 7. I also followed their solution- re-installed charge plus, chipsets and so on. DOES NOT WORK. Anybody can help me on this problem?
9 REPLIES 9

Pitcher1
Level 9

Mike_Lu@ASUS wrote:
HI, did you download from http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21129/eng/Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver.zip <>
to try USB 3.0 is work or not.

I am not be able to install a USB 3.0 driver. I got a error message said " This computer does not meeting the minimum requirement for installing this software". I am on Windows 8 and I am pretty sure it came with USB 3.0 driver. I also tried the compatibility mode and got the same error message.
Anybody?

Fire
Level 10
Install the latest USB 3.0 Drivers from here:

Intel USB 3.0 Driver v1.0.6.245

siddique305
Level 7
Right Click Computer -> Manage -> On The Left Side There Will Be An Option Called Device Manager And Update All The Drivers (Not Nessary) Just Upgrade The USB Drivers.

siddique305 wrote:
Right Click Computer -> Manage -> On The Left Side There Will Be An Option Called Device Manager And Update All The Drivers (Not Nessary) Just Upgrade The USB Drivers.
Thank you for the Replay, But that's not the solution for my case. Thx again.

Oh Okay... Your Welcome ! I Tried Best To Help.

Siddique

You seem to have a hardware problem? Sevral of the guy's here found that the Windows native USB 3.0 driver works well in Win 8 solved all of the problems we were haveing with Win 7 a few months ago?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

jonesofcolorado
Level 7
jayjeremy wrote:
Hi, all:
I have a G75 BBK version. I purchased a new Kingston 120 gb ssd this BF and did a clean install of Windows 8 few hours ago. I also purchased a seagate 3TB backup plus ( USB 3.0 connection) and backed up my files via USB left side port last night. Everything was working fine. Before the install I flashed the BIOS to the newest version (221) . After the clean install, i installed all driver from ASUS website, Fixed some unknown device error. BUT, My LEFT 2 USB 3.0 port wouldn't mount any USB 3.0 device anymore. (The right side USB 3.0 ports still working fine). I googled this problem, and it turned out most of this happened in Windows 7. I also followed their solution- re-installed charge plus, chipsets and so on. DOES NOT WORK. Anybody can help me on this problem?

JayJeremy, did you find a fix for this? I am having the exact same problem. :mad:

Thanks!

stakashima1
Level 7
I had this problem a few months ago on the top left USB 3.0 Port. I went into device manager and scanned for hardware changes (mine had a yellow exclamation point). I reconnected my G430 headset and it worked immediately without a reboot.