+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Downgrading from windows 8 to 7

ROG Member Languid +10

Downgrading from windows 8 to 7

I recently purchased my ASUS G75VW, it came preloaded with windows 8, is there a way to downgrade it to windows 7 without it messing up anything with the notebook?, and how would the procedures look like.

Administrator Pitcher@asus +10

HI, is your hidden partition existence, if yes, please save all your data and go to ASUS website to download Recover tool to back Win 7.
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...n8_64_Z103.zip

ROG Guru: Black Belt rewben +150 rewben +150

it's important to point out that only windows 8 pro is eligible for direct downgrade to windows 7/vista. windows 8 does not have that right. you need a new and valid windows 7 key to do that.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Area 66 +20 Area 66's Avatar

how many post you will start with the same question ?

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...eed-answers-to.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt dstrakele +75 dstrakele's Avatar

There's a small problem with that G75VW Clean Install Guilde. Laptops that ship with Windows 8 will not have a sticker with a Windows 7 Product Key on the bottom.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Banned Fire +10

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    There's a small problem with that G75VW Clean Install Guilde. Laptops that ship with Windows 8 will not have a sticker with a Windows 7 Product Key on the bottom.
    It's not a problem with the guide, if someone is going to install a Windows Edition, they must own or have the product key for it. The guide is perfectly fine. A bit of common sense could be a virtue here don't you think? Obviously the guide was made in mind for those who have bought the G75VW that comes with Windows 7 and thus it states to use the key from the sticker underneath!

FFS

hm.. if that's the case, i think a better title could help to avoid confusion; if you don't mind, maybe you should name it as "ASUS G75VW Clean Install Guide (Windows 7 Only)". there are a number of steps that are needed in order to allow seamless downgrades from the win8 machines to 7.

Recognized Troll Quasimodem +20 Quasimodem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    Seriously? Sigh...

G75VW-DS73-3D | 670m 3GB | 32GB RAM | 1TB RAID-0 2 x 830 512GB SSD DualBoot | Killer-N 1103 WiFi

hehe @BNaughty, it's fine; there is no more sticker but from ASUS's windows 8 FAQ, the owner still can retrieve their windows product key:

Where can I find information on my Windows 8 product key?

Solution

1. At Start Screen, click Desktop tile or press Windows+D to enter Desktop.
    2. Place your mouse in the top or lower-right corner of your display. The Charms will appear on the right side of your display. Click the Settings Charm.
    3. Under Settings, click "PC info."
    4. This brings up the system information page as shown below. In Windows Activation section, click "View details in Windows Activation."

Recognized Troll Quasimodem +20 Quasimodem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rewben View Post
    hehe @BNaughty, it's fine; there is no more sticker but from ASUS's windows 8 FAQ, the owner still can retrieve their windows product key:

Where can I find information on my Windows 8 product key?

Solution

1. At Start Screen, click Desktop tile or press Windows+D to enter Desktop.
    2. Place your mouse in the top or lower-right corner of your display. The Charms will appear on the right side of your display. Click the Settings Charm.
    3. Under Settings, click "PC info."
    4. This brings up the system information page as shown below. In Windows Activation section, click "View details in Windows Activation."
    That's not what I was getting at... Simply wondering why in the world it's the guides problem that the computer only has an 8 product key, not 7...

Do what everyone else does, and use the toolkit, or get a preactivated copy...

G75VW-DS73-3D | 670m 3GB | 32GB RAM | 1TB RAID-0 2 x 830 512GB SSD DualBoot | Killer-N 1103 WiFi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast