ganji
Level 13
:eek: not good man 😞

Nackers
Level 15
One thing about it, all our ROG rigs are about to become collectibles..,

HiVizMan
Level 40
All things change that is the only constant in the world.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

xeromist
I saw something about this mentioned on other news sites and I think it's a load of crap. Intel isn't going to just hand a lot of money to AMD, which is exactly what this would mean. We enthusiasts may not make up a significant market but you can bet many of Intel's partners and resellers won't be too thrilled and will start pushing AMD instead.

Even if this is the case, it won't mean the desktop is dead. Companies like ASUS (if they choose to play ball at all) will sell boards with integrated chips appropriate to the trim level. So you might not be able to bin through a ton of chips for overclocking but you'll still get a fast chip on an ROG board that will keep up with your GPU(s).
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I saw something about this mentioned on other news sites and I think it's a load of crap. Intel isn't going to just hand a lot of money to AMD, which is exactly what this would mean. We enthusiasts may not make up a significant market but you can bet many of Intel's partners and resellers won't be too thrilled and will start pushing AMD instead.

Even if this is the case, it won't mean the desktop is dead. Companies like ASUS (if they choose to play ball at all) will sell boards with integrated chips appropriate to the trim level. So you might not be able to bin through a ton of chips for overclocking but you'll still get a fast chip on an ROG board that will keep up with your GPU(s).

People forget that the majority of business is still tied to desktop.

Not only that but i've yet to own a laptop that comes even close to my PC. (and I own a dual 680m laptop) 😉
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

chrsplmr
Level 18
Well said xero .. free market trade .. a beautiful thing.
But .. I've been watch'n .. and some ROGs will OC
anything .. hahhahhaa .. so, bring it ..

I'll PM HiViz and be up and runn'n in the morning .. hahahha OC'd.c.

4Strings
Level 10
Well...
As was said before... Intel does seem to be on a rampage for total market domination...
All I can say is that hopefully AMD will still be around when "Broadwell" comes out and attempts to kill the "enthusiast desktop"...
Seems like if Intel does kill LGA, no matter how much, say, the equivalent of the Core i7 is "better" than the future equivalent of the FX-8350, if "Broadsick" will not be OC-friendly, or personal build-friendly for that matter, then it seems that if AMD will still be around, w'll all have to stick to 'em unless a new CPU manufacturer enters the market with a new socket...

I guess there's nothing we can do but hold our breaths and cross our fingers that by in two years we won't be saying "When I was younger, we could build our own PCs and overclock them, too..." 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
The markets are changing and it is interesting to determine who or what actually will be the factors that drive that change. Big business has tried in the past, and failed, to drive change along a particular route. That company is no more I might add and they were nearly as big as Intel. While most customers are sheep and willing to be led, that group dynamic or mass momentum is quite powerful and ultimately dictates the direction of things. To illustrate that mechanism just have a look at how the tablet market has grown in importance globally the last three years. Who in the industry (besides Steve) was expecting that 4 years ago?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I know that certain people here will try to take what I say here and tear it apart but the facts will never change. I seen this coming clear back in 1989 when Motorola, Apple, Intel, IBM, Microsoft all joined in to a Partnership to create what was then known as CHiRP which is a acronym for Common Hardware Reference Platform of which only Intel, Microsoft, and Apple are still working towards. What this really is is One Hardware Base Platform for any and all Software or in essence one Computer that can run ANYTHING! If you want a good look at what this means for real look at the Apple Line of Computers.....NO NOT the iAPPLES those are Designer Products but instead like the Mac Pro, Mac Mini, and yes even 1 Designer Product called the iMac. All of these machines are designed to run Windows, Mac OS(Linux), and Linux(Regular) along with UNIX(FULL AT&T Spec), Sun OS and are what WindowsXP thru Windows 8 is Programed on and the only systems left that can Cross-Compile Software Natively(BTW this is why I miss my Mac so much).

The only thing about all of you learning about this in this way tells me that EVERYTHING I HAVE STATED TO YOU Means DICK! Why do you all think I hate Intel soo Much? Not because of their Products which are Great. It's not because of their Pricing which SUCKS BIG TIME! but it's their Business Practices like this one or the other one of trying to SUE the Competition out of Business. Remember folks in the USA it's Illegal to have a Monopoly and the proof is in the AT&T Breakup that spawned Verizon, Altel, Sprint and son on and so forth.... but this is just what Intel WANTS! and same goes for Microshaft.

If Knowing is Half the Battle then we have ALREADY LOST! If you dispute any of the Facts given here then go Look them up for yourselves! If my Ex-Wife hadn't Destroyed my Library along with a lot of other stuff I could scan the entire Info Packet from the CHiRP consortium for your viewing pleasure but unfortunately it's all on the net already anyways.