+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus ****tiest support

ROG Member Meowws +10

Asus ****tiest support

I call Asus Malaysia just now and that technical support fat loser say he is new and cannot help me to identify my compatibility issue! sheesh! congrats asus! you did it again! try calling asus malaysia and see for yourself!

Achievement unlcoked: 1,000,000th thread about Asus's bad support

Don't worry buddy, we've all been there done that. Asus just has no interested in having good support, apparently it keeps the prices down to hire people explicitly to prevent people from getting support.

Super Moderator Zygomorphic +150 Zygomorphic +150 Zygomorphic's Avatar
    In the Orion arm of a spiral galaxy in the Local Group...

@Meowws, PM @cl-scott and talk to him. He is based in the USA, but he may be able to help sort things out for you.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Super Moderator HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meowws View Post
    I call Asus Malaysia just now and that technical support fat loser say he is new and cannot help me to identify my compatibility issue! sheesh! congrats asus! you did it again! try calling asus malaysia and see for yourself!
    Sadly some of the support phone centres are not very good to say the least. Please post here on the forum what your problem is if you have not done so and I am sure that some smart person who does know a thing or two, even our friend Gorman below is quite a dab hand and problem solving and more importantly problem fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorman View Post

You know I wish it was not so true what you have just said, and therefore not so tragic. I think they do shoot them-self in the foot by having under-trained support staff on some of the customer call centres.

No Longer Works at ASUS cl-scott +30

Quote Originally Posted by Gorman View Post

Don't worry buddy, we've all been there done that. Asus just has no interested in having good support, apparently it keeps the prices down to hire people explicitly to prevent people from getting support.
    Sadly it's kind of an industry wide thing, and sadly a lot of us refuse to admit that we're the ones largely to blame for it. We are the ones who keep demanding better gear at lower prices, and the problem with the Walmart model of doing business is that there's only so much fat you can cut out of a system. Sooner or later you start cutting into the vital meat and bone.

So, here's the test: If it cost an extra 45-50% across the board to have quality support, would you be willing to pay it? While I'm sure most people will have the knee-jerk reaction of "Absolutely I'd pay it!" when it came down to the time to put your money where your mouth is, you'd go with Brand X which is cheaper, even knowing it had poor support.

May as well just continue the thread of my rant while I'm at it (kind of a slow Friday anyway). It's kind of a systemic issue with the majority of western culture. We want our cake and to eat it too. We want everything: lower prices, better quality, faster releases, and top rate support. It's like wanting a laptop that has a large screen, fast CPU, fast GPU, long battery life, and is thin and light. Some of those things are mutually exclusive, not that it stops us (and I include myself) from expecting it.

Platinum Guru ROG chrsplmr +200 chrsplmr +200 chrsplmr +200 chrsplmr's Avatar

Excellent points as always Scott ..
    The price points are squeakers now .. 50% more ?? .. Only if
    they dont mind selling 1/2 as many .. like you point out.

Still there must be some sort of a balance that can be accomplished ..
    but then, 'we' don't 'see' the actual numbers ..

All that can be done when 'we' come here last .. is One at a time, do it
    well, move on.

When I think of ALL those that came here first .. worked out their issues
    and are still ROG'n today avoiding countless RMA's.c.

ASUS Reseller Shawnnepc +125 Shawnnepc +125 Shawnnepc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cl-scott View Post
    Sadly it's kind of an industry wide thing, and sadly a lot of us refuse to admit that we're the ones largely to blame for it. We are the ones who keep demanding better gear at lower prices, and the problem with the Walmart model of doing business is that there's only so much fat you can cut out of a system. Sooner or later you start cutting into the vital meat and bone.

So, here's the test: If it cost an extra 45-50% across the board to have quality support, would you be willing to pay it? While I'm sure most people will have the knee-jerk reaction of "Absolutely I'd pay it!" when it came down to the time to put your money where your mouth is, you'd go with Brand X which is cheaper, even knowing it had poor support.

May as well just continue the thread of my rant while I'm at it (kind of a slow Friday anyway). It's kind of a systemic issue with the majority of western culture. We want our cake and to eat it too. We want everything: lower prices, better quality, faster releases, and top rate support. It's like wanting a laptop that has a large screen, fast CPU, fast GPU, long battery life, and is thin and light. Some of those things are mutually exclusive, not that it stops us (and I include myself) from expecting it.
    This x 1000000
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

ROG Guru: Black Belt Area 66 +20 Area 66's Avatar

I learn a long time ago to not call support, any support from anyone. last time was IBM in 1994 about OS/2 , the jerk ask me why I want to use a Canadian french keyboard. I finally find the problem myself. This forum is the best support you will find, Google is not too bad too.

Shut Up Stupid! DaemonCantor +150 DaemonCantor +150 DaemonCantor's Avatar

I love the points cl-scott! but I have only one little problem with it and also at the same time I also agree and disagree with Area66. My fisrt part with the ROG Motherboards and Parts they are already 35-50% higher than all other Manufacturers and we still don't get any decent support but instead we just get a Whole Lot of Bluster on how much better it is in the Advertising claims but I have proven too many times on the AMD side this isn't even true becuase I have shown that even the Lowly Gigabyte products have more features for less with just as good reviews but on the Intel side Asus has put a really Superior Product. I personally see a good Advantage for Asus in offering More Quality Support for their Premium Customers than what is provided to the General Customers. Instead Asus Drops the Ball with Garbage Support all around. I'm an example of this with my First ROG system but I have been an Asus supporter for a long time prior with even Purchasing the Premium Parts over the General because of Quality.

Now for the Area66 side of this, Yes Generally speaking the support is good here on the forums but I still see a LOT of problems ether Half A$$ed addressed or not even touched at all. That is why I agree and Disagree at the same time. Sorry Area66 but if you actually stayed around and watched you'd see this also. I've seen some of your support replies and they were top notch and I'm sure that Others could really learn a thing or two from you especially with Network System Management and Server Building.

Out of all the Admins, Mods and Users I have respect for very few, MarshallR, HiVisMan, MYKSilentShadow, chrsplmr, Zygomorphic just to name a few and believe it or not even you for some of your Post helping People. I can't say the same yet for cl-scott only because I haven't known him long enough to see what he really knows or does...Sorry Mr. cl-scott but in time I think that could change

ASUS Reseller Shawnnepc +125 Shawnnepc +125 Shawnnepc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonCantor View Post
    I love the points cl-scott! but I have only one little problem with it and also at the same time I also agree and disagree with Area66. My fisrt part with the ROG Motherboards and Parts they are already 35-50% higher than all other Manufacturers and we still don't get any decent support but instead we just get a Whole Lot of Bluster on how much better it is in the Advertising claims but I have proven too many times on the AMD side this isn't even true becuase I have shown that even the Lowly Gigabyte products have more features for less with just as good reviews but on the Intel side Asus has put a really Superior Product. I personally see a good Advantage for Asus in offering More Quality Support for their Premium Customers than what is provided to the General Customers. Instead Asus Drops the Ball with Garbage Support all around. I'm an example of this with my First ROG system but I have been an Asus supporter for a long time prior with even Purchasing the Premium Parts over the General because of Quality.

Now for the Area66 side of this, Yes Generally speaking the support is good here on the forums but I still see a LOT of problems ether Half A$$ed addressed or not even touched at all. That is why I agree and Disagree at the same time. Sorry Area66 but if you actually stayed around and watched you'd see this also. I've seen some of your support replies and they were top notch and I'm sure that Others could really learn a thing or two from you especially with Network System Management and Server Building.

Out of all the Admins, Mods and Users I have respect for very few, MarshallR, HiVisMan, MYKSilentShadow, chrsplmr, Zygomorphic just to name a few and believe it or not even you for some of your Post helping People. I can't say the same yet for cl-scott only because I haven't known him long enough to see what he really knows or does...Sorry Mr. cl-scott but in time I think that could change

What's your idea of good support?

If you were the CEO of ASUS what would you change?
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast