cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ****tiest support

Meowws
Level 7
I call Asus Malaysia just now and that technical support fat loser say he is new and cannot help me to identify my compatibility issue! sheesh! congrats asus! you did it again! try calling asus malaysia and see for yourself!
37 REPLIES 37

Gorman
Level 12
Achievement unlcoked: 1,000,000th thread about Asus's bad support

Don't worry buddy, we've all been there done that. Asus just has no interested in having good support, apparently it keeps the prices down to hire people explicitly to prevent people from getting support.

Meowws wrote:
I call Asus Malaysia just now and that technical support fat loser say he is new and cannot help me to identify my compatibility issue! sheesh! congrats asus! you did it again! try calling asus malaysia and see for yourself!

Sadly some of the support phone centres are not very good to say the least. Please post here on the forum what your problem is if you have not done so and I am sure that some smart person who does know a thing or two, even our friend Gorman below is quite a dab hand and problem solving and more importantly problem fixing.

Gorman wrote:

You know I wish it was not so true what you have just said, and therefore not so tragic. I think they do shoot them-self in the foot by having under-trained support staff on some of the customer call centres.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Gorman wrote:

Don't worry buddy, we've all been there done that. Asus just has no interested in having good support, apparently it keeps the prices down to hire people explicitly to prevent people from getting support.

Sadly it's kind of an industry wide thing, and sadly a lot of us refuse to admit that we're the ones largely to blame for it. We are the ones who keep demanding better gear at lower prices, and the problem with the Walmart model of doing business is that there's only so much fat you can cut out of a system. Sooner or later you start cutting into the vital meat and bone.

So, here's the test: If it cost an extra 45-50% across the board to have quality support, would you be willing to pay it? While I'm sure most people will have the knee-jerk reaction of "Absolutely I'd pay it!" when it came down to the time to put your money where your mouth is, you'd go with Brand X which is cheaper, even knowing it had poor support.

May as well just continue the thread of my rant while I'm at it (kind of a slow Friday anyway). It's kind of a systemic issue with the majority of western culture. We want our cake and to eat it too. We want everything: lower prices, better quality, faster releases, and top rate support. It's like wanting a laptop that has a large screen, fast CPU, fast GPU, long battery life, and is thin and light. Some of those things are mutually exclusive, not that it stops us (and I include myself) from expecting it.

cl-scott wrote:
Sadly it's kind of an industry wide thing, and sadly a lot of us refuse to admit that we're the ones largely to blame for it. We are the ones who keep demanding better gear at lower prices, and the problem with the Walmart model of doing business is that there's only so much fat you can cut out of a system. Sooner or later you start cutting into the vital meat and bone.

So, here's the test: If it cost an extra 45-50% across the board to have quality support, would you be willing to pay it? While I'm sure most people will have the knee-jerk reaction of "Absolutely I'd pay it!" when it came down to the time to put your money where your mouth is, you'd go with Brand X which is cheaper, even knowing it had poor support.

May as well just continue the thread of my rant while I'm at it (kind of a slow Friday anyway). It's kind of a systemic issue with the majority of western culture. We want our cake and to eat it too. We want everything: lower prices, better quality, faster releases, and top rate support. It's like wanting a laptop that has a large screen, fast CPU, fast GPU, long battery life, and is thin and light. Some of those things are mutually exclusive, not that it stops us (and I include myself) from expecting it.

This x 1000000
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

cl-scott wrote:

[paraphrase] hurr durr everyone else is doing it too! [/paraphrase]
That is a great attitude.

[paraphrase] hurr durr would you be willing to pay more to have ASUS do what they are legally required to do? [/paraphrase]
Of course not. ASUS cannot do it in the first place, why on earth would I be expected to pay more to make ASUS do something that they are legally required to do already? It's only a matter of time before another lawsuit gets filled. There's a lot of G53 owners that would happily jump on a class action suit against ASUS.

You're playing with fire and either way you expect end users to have to pay for it? Not a chance.

Besides that we already pay a considerable markup and I've never dealt with another company with as ridiculous support as ASUS...

Gorman wrote:
[paraphrase] hurr durr everyone else is doing it too! [/paraphrase]
That is a great attitude.

[paraphrase] hurr durr would you be willing to pay more to have ASUS do what they are legally required to do? [/paraphrase]
Of course not. ASUS cannot do it in the first place, why on earth would I be expected to pay more to make ASUS do something that they are legally required to do already? It's only a matter of time before another lawsuit gets filled. There's a lot of G53 owners that would happily jump on a class action suit against ASUS.

You're playing with fire and either way you expect end users to have to pay for it? Not a chance.

Besides that we already pay a considerable markup and I've never dealt with another company with as ridiculous support as ASUS...

Wow... Now I'm confused, because I'm not sure if I should be commending you on your incredible dedication to recycling, or kind of shake my head in a sort of disappointed way. I suppose you have to do something with all those straw men you bring in off the planting fields, but why not use them to line a barn or something a little more productive?

Simple fact remains that we are all working with very imperfect information. Who here has ever worked at a call center for a minimum of 6 months? Anyone? Seriously. I'd love to get the perspective on the average caller from someone with actual first hand experience. It's purely anecdotal because one person is not a statistically significant sample size, but it'd be a good way to put it into a human perspective. Let's just say a call center gets 10,000 calls per day. Now out of those 10,000 calls, how many of them are for legitimate issues, like you tend to see on these forums. I'd wager the breakdown would shock even the most cynical among us. It would probably make for some amusing reading to find out the number of people who will call in for questions regarding like a Dell laptop, toothpaste, or just some topic that is wholly unrelated.

cl-scott wrote:
Wow... Now I'm confused, because I'm not sure if I should be commending you on your incredible dedication to recycling, or kind of shake my head in a sort of disappointed way. I suppose you have to do something with all those straw men you bring in off the planting fields, but why not use them to line a barn or something a little more productive?

Simple fact remains that we are all working with very imperfect information. Who here has ever worked at a call centre for a minimum of 6 months? Anyone? Seriously. I'd love to get the perspective on the average caller from someone with actual first hand experience. It's purely anecdotal because one person is not a statistically significant sample size, but it'd be a good way to put it into a human perspective. Let's just say a call centre gets 10,000 calls per day. Now out of those 10,000 calls, how many of them are for legitimate issues, like you tend to see on these forums. I'd wager the breakdown would shock even the most cynical among us. It would probably make for some amusing reading to find out the number of people who will call in for questions regarding like a Dell laptop, toothpaste, or just some topic that is wholly unrelated.

It's troubling that you think this is at all a legitimate excuse for what ASUS does...

Do you think this is a problem unique to ASUS? How ridiculous. Every call centre has some calls that are unrelated, it happens. It's part of the employee's job to sift through unrelated calls. Anyone who works in any kind of support knows this.
"ASUS has given up on support because they don't like toothpaste"

It's also troubling that after crying about strawmen you go and say "I don't have any statistics, but I'm sure that I am entirely correct".

Oh, and everything you are saying is moot, ASUS does have call centres, but instead of deciding on a case by case basis if they are going to drop the call or help the caller, they don't want to support anything or anyone. Ridiculous.
It's clearly not a case of ASUS not having the money as you claim, they do have staff and centres already...

Gorman wrote:
It's troubling that you think this is at all a legitimate excuse for what ASUS does...

Do you think this is a problem unique to ASUS? How ridiculous. Every call centre has some calls that are unrelated, it happens. It's part of the employee's job to sift through unrelated calls. Anyone who works in any kind of support knows this.
"ASUS has given up on support because they don't like toothpaste"

It's also troubling that after crying about strawmen you go and say "I don't have any statistics, but I'm sure that I am entirely correct".

Oh, and everything you are saying is moot, ASUS does have call centres, but instead of deciding on a case by case basis if they are going to drop the call or help the caller, they don't want to support anything or anyone. Ridiculous.
It's clearly not a case of ASUS not having the money as you claim, they do have staff and centres already...

The majority of call centers are 3rd party and have no relation to the company they represent. They also have no incentive to actually solve your issues.

Depending on the pay structure they are either paid in one of two ways: Pay per call or the less common, pay per minute.

Most of these outsourced call centers have minimum answer quotas and most of the agents are only interested in meeting that minimum.

The vast majority of these places have no follow up system to ensure that the customers issues were resolved.

I don't think ASUS was ever aware (until recently) how bad the call centers were and I have no doubt they are trying to find the correct balance between support costs and customer happiness.

There's such thing as too much customer support as well.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Shawnnepc wrote:
The majority of call centers are 3rd party and have no relation to the company they represent. They also have no incentive to actually solve your issues.

Depending on the pay structure they are either paid in one of two ways: Pay per call or the less common, pay per minute.

Most of these outsourced call centers have minimum answer quotas and most of the agents are only interested in meeting that minimum.

The vast majority of these places have no follow up system to ensure that the customers issues were resolved.

I don't think ASUS was ever aware (until recently) how bad the call centers were and I have no doubt they are trying to find the correct balance between support costs and customer happiness.

There's such thing as too much customer support as well.

> Implying ASUS has incentive to solve your issues
> Implying ASUS solves issues
> Implying ASUS has a follow up system to ensure customers issues are resolved
> Implying it's possible that ASUS is unware that their support system is this ridiculous
> Implying they are doing anything to increase customer happiness

I seriously don't even.
So many excuses and implying...

With all these excuses flying around, I wonder what ASUS's *official* position on the matter is. Are they not aware of the problem? Did they remove all their support because people were asking about toast? Do they think it's acceptable because they think everyone else does it too? Do they think their products are so cheap that people don't expect their warranties to be worth anything?