cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW-DS72 =A Major Mistake

SkilletIsRollen
Level 9
Hi everybody, before we begin let me say something. I bought this laptop in back in March 2012 from Newegg for $2200. This was my first non-monitor purchase from Asus. Believe me, I'm never making this mistake again.

The Good:

Case Design, both in looks and sturdiness.

Cooling, one of the best cooled laptops ever built.

Speed, very fast with anything that doesn't require heavy graphics.

The Bad:

Sound Quality, by far the worst thing on this laptop, 300 dollar junk-tops speakers sound better, plus all the audio bugs are absolutely terrible. For what we are paying, this is unacceptable.

Video Card, I am not saying it's slow in any regard, I know it's a laptop, but the fact is 4 months after release of the 670m, the 675m was released, which is 50% better. With no MXM slot (to change the video card) while laptops in the similar (for what I paid) price-range has equipped. Plus the card seems buggy and has bad drivers. It has all kind of instabilities ruining games. The predecessor was cheaper and faster. This chip was a sellout, it's Nvidea's fault, but it's still in my laptop

The Screen, the coating on this laptop's screen is baldly done. It's far grainy then it should be, especially from the manufacturer who are know for good monitors, in fact I have a an Asus VW246H (24 inch LCD, Matt, 2ms, made in 06) monitor that I compared it too, it was far less grainy.

Bloatware, There is so much useless crap pre-loaded on this computer, I thought Asus was bought by Dell or something. Most of it, Windows 7 already has covered, and the stuff that it doesn't, either doesn't work or there is no need. I thought Asus would know better.

Battery Life, It's not good, but I forgive this one.

But all this is just icing to the real cake of a problem.

The Product Warranty Support

My unit, unfortunately, has a defective. Its screen is flickering like those old CTR's monitors whenever I turned down the light levels. Not really a big deal, so I tried to ignore it. Well my patience only lasted a week. I paid for a product free of defect, so I was going to get that. At first i thought i should of just returned it for a replacement, well Newegg was back-ordered and they suggested I send it in for a manufactures warranty. Tech support was very nice and said it would be back in around 2 weeks, 3 tops. So I sent it in.

It was gone for a month and a half

I didn't get in back until mid July. They had lost it at their service center after 1 week. So I was trying to keep my cool, but guess what? They didn't even fix it. I was very mad, and I called them again. I asked a manger they said no problem and if they couldn't fix it they would replace it.

4 months later

Still not fixed, sent it in 3 more times, they never could track it. After the 2rd time receiving it back, the keyboard Back-lighting was broken, and power supply wire had split. After the 3rd time receiving it back, the Hard Drive FAILED when I turned it on. The 4th time receiving it back, they had fixed everything except the actual problem that their bird brained techs didn't break. The screen still was flickering.

Stonewalled by management

That promise of replacement was a lie. Whenever I called I was quickly getting routed through their call centers get the customers to give up service. All they told me was no, and send it in again. I have paid -out of pocket- over 200 dollars of packing fees (which they don't pay for), and they refused to even cover that cost when they wanted me to ship it in again. They ruin my computer, and I pay for it. Asus 360, they really run you in circles. It was now October, and I maybe used the computer for 3 weeks since march.

I'm so glad i paid with a credit card.

I started a charge-back dispute with my bank (you can do that by the way if it's within a year). And now it's midway through December, I HAVE WON. I got every penny back, and rightly so. I used to like Asus, but after this, never again.

To anybody whom are receiving the same treatment: if you paid with a credit card, try doing the same. You just need Paper evidence (mine was a sheet Asus had sent me, that said how many attempted repairs have been done). Record your conversations and don't accept their mistreatment. I wish you luck and I feel your pain.

If their service center had fixed it the first time, I would have been happy (even after waiting so long). But the incredible amount of lies and disrespect I have received over the months is unforgettable. Their service center's incompetence and refusal to ever call. Plus all the computers problems I have already gone over.

Overall, never buy Asus computers, their not worth the potential problems. 😞
37 REPLIES 37

dstrakele
Level 14
Good thinkin', @Skillet, challenging the credit card payment. Glad to hear you prevailed. No one should have to put up with that kind of customer service!
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

colpolite
Level 9
We feel your pain skill!! Going with Asus is like lottery which makes it dangerous and exciting at the same time lol

colpolite wrote:
We feel your pain skill!! Going with Asus is like lottery which makes it dangerous and exciting at the same time lol

It's sad, they make good electronics, but their product support is obviously not cared about. In addition, their company is not even BBB (Better Business Bureau) certified. If fact their BBB ranting is a fail on their scale. I wish I had known that before I bought from them.

colpolite wrote:

I'm surprised the official ASUS customer loyalty person hasn't replied to this on here...not that he can do much, can't really defend the sh!t ASUS pulls anymore....I'm just dealing with my pixel issues now and hoping that my screen stays as it is and that I don't have to send it in for a repair....
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

finalhour wrote:
I'm surprised the official ASUS customer loyalty person hasn't replied to this on here...not that he can do much, can't really defend the sh!t ASUS pulls anymore....I'm just dealing with my pixel issues now and hoping that my screen stays as it is and that I don't have to send it in for a repair....

I escalated my Case several times- no response. Filled out there survey telling them what happened (hoping another department might help) no response. Official complaint to the BBB- no response.

If you just bought it, see if you can still return it for another one before the merchant return policy expires, if able, don't believe them when they say go try to fix it with the manufacturer.

Funny thing is I know what the problem my laptop has, and how to fix it (I'm A Geek lol :cool:). I even wrote down what exactly the Bizcom techs had to fix. I also told them to call me when it reached their center, which they never did. I would have fixed it myself, but if you pop open the case you void the warranty (which from what has been said is completely useless) And I didn't want to pay for parts, or risk losing the warranty if something more essential failed (their motherboards are know for this). You really can't trust them. :mad:

Shawnnepc
Level 13
FYI.

When you issue a charge back you are screwing over the retailer (in this case Newegg)

I will be very surprised if Newegg doesn't try to dispute this or prohibit you from purchasing from them in the future. (Charge back fees are INSANE and can cause some serious damage to a business, even ones as large as Newegg)

You never mentioned in your story but did you return your laptop BACK to Newegg after the successful charge back? If for some reason you didn't or your credit card company didn't require it you should contact them and Newegg immediately.

I've dealt with charge backs quite a bit (on both sides!) and it's a very messy and unpleasant process if the credit card company and the retailer aren't in sync with each other.

Hopefully everything will work out in the end for you and everything settles up 🙂

Also a few things to note:

The BBB is more or less a scam for businesses. They require us to pay some ridiculous fees in order to give us a rating on their site and very often we will be punished for unreasonable requests from consumers and have no real due process to dispute.

It's against the ASP policy to EVER contact a customer directly, so even if the tech saw your note he would be risking his job and some hefty fines to contact you.

Not that it matters now, but I have no doubt that if you were to contact cl-Scott he would have been able to resolve your issue in a timely and satisfying manner.

Best of luck with your future computer purchases 😄
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Shawnnepc wrote:
FYI.

When you issue a charge back you are screwing over the retailer (in this case Newegg)

I did feel bad about how Newegg had to suffer from Asus behavior. But that is the cost of doing business with credit cards.As a Merchant you are metaphysical extension of Asus, that means you endorse their products. If you know that your selling products that have these problems it's you responsibility. That's why these kinds of laws exist. This case fell under the Fair Credit and Billing Act: Code 53: Merchandise Not as Described or Displayed/Defective Goods and Services I have the right to dispute a charge up to a year, if I meet these criteria:

1. Proof of purchase
2. Proof of deception/defect
3. Proof of customer's fair attempt to resolve the issue (with Merchant or Manufacturer) before the dispute.

Number 3 is very important, I called Newegg during this and asked for some help, they blatantly blew me off and ignored all request for them to either replace, fix, or return the merchandise. 4 repair attempts with Asus, each time returning with more damage then I sent it in.

I feel for the Merchants who get ripped off by scum. But a charge-back was by only recourse for my situation.

FYI Asus did directly contacted me once just to tell me that their not going to give me the replacement previously promised. Yet again breaking their own policies only when it's convenient for them.

Newegg did dispute it back, and I actually almost lost the dispute in November, but when I dug up some more viable physical evidence, and sent it in, it was back on. The evidence was from Asus themselves stating how many attempts of repair have been done, and their intentions to not offer a replacement.

I'm currently waiting for a response from Newegg, now that the bank has announced in my favor, but I have heard nothing. I still have the Laptop at the moment. If they want it back they are paying full shipping freight, and no restocking fees. They can try to sue me, I'll just give a call to the Attorney General (it's his law that I followed for the charge-back) In a court of law I'll just give the judge the same evidence. I'm not going to be scared by corporate bullies pushing around consumers.

These laws are here to protect people like me who are getting screwed over.

An update on the laptop that the service center still didn't fix, the screen still flickers, and when they replaced the failed hard drive (the 256SS), they installed Windows on the wrong one (750 Mechanical), and then didn't allocate the partition the replacement flash drive into Windows (it was undetectable). I can repartition that drive in 30 seconds with fdisk. Even the biggest software nub can partition a drive. So either their Bizcom repair center techs are: really stupid, don't care, or they are just screwing with me. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

dstrakele
Level 14
Yeah! It's the customer's fault! SHAME ON HIM!!!

riiiight...
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
Yeah! It's the customer's fault! SHAME ON HIM!!!

riiiight...

It's not fair to hurt the retailer ! (Newegg)
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com