Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[G75VW] - Modified .221 BIOS & VBIOS for Higher Overclocking 660m & 670m

Quasimodem
Level 10
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY, BUT FLASHING THE STOCK BIOS WILL RESTORE THE WARRANTY

Here's a modified BIOS for the Asus G75VW created by svl7 at Tech | Inferno. It enables many more options and settings in the BIOS setup. It also contains a tweaked VBIOS for the 660m and 670m. BIOS 222 is in the works.

Detailed version information:

• mod02 'GHZ edition' - 660m 3d clocks at 1000MHz core / 1400MHz memory - 670m @ 715/1650
  • fixed keyboard backlight issue
Pics of the most interesting BIOS settings (thanks @bobby7😞

Instructions:

Grab the flash tool and extract the archive.
Download the BIOS mod you want to flash and put the included FLASH.bat file along with the BIOS file in the folder where you saved the flash tool.
Run the FLASH.bat and follow the instructions on the screen.

-modified-bios-vbios-higher-overclocking.html"]LINK
G75VW-DS73-3D | 670m 3GB | 32GB RAM | 1TB RAID-0 2 x 830 512GB SSD DualBoot | Killer-N 1103 WiFi
74 REPLIES 74

Quasimodem
Level 10
After speaking with the developer, the links have been removed, but he is just fine with a linkback to his thread.... Despite this including 660m vbios tweaks it can be flashed onto a 670m model just no tweaks will be applied.

I have successfully flashed it and unlocked my BIOS. Super props to svl7

He may be looking into 670m tweaks as well

CONFIRMED WORKING

G75VW-DS73-3D | 670m 3GB | 32GB RAM | 1TB RAID-0 2 x 830 512GB SSD DualBoot | Killer-N 1103 WiFi

Fire
Level 10
so what benefits will this offer my G75VW? Pls explain

Fire wrote:
so what benefits will this offer my G75VW? Pls explain

I'll be more than happy to take a pic of every unlocked options if you'd like...

dstrakele
Level 14
Benefit #1: Flashing this modified BIOS voids your ASUS Warranty.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:

Dude... you can easily flash the stock BIOS back... and look at my sig... I'm pretty sure my warranty is voided already... Thanks for stating the obvious though...

BNaughty wrote:
Dude... you can easily flash the stock BIOS back... and look at my sig... I'm pretty sure my warranty is voided already... Thanks for stating the obvious though...

HaHa! I am with you there. I am pretty sure when I took my G55 back in time to the second step on the assembly line to install a mSATA SSD and re-paste the CPU/GPU with AS5, that I joined you on the "Warranty Voided" list.

dstrakele wrote:

boooo really? as if the warranty was of any help! LOL useless warranty really.

dstrakele wrote:

C'mon guys, at least give the man the credit for the hard work he did.
I was looking in to all that, but to honest I don't have enough knowledge about computers to mess with BIOS & V-BIOS and since my G75 is still on warranty, I' m messing with a $1400 machine which is sufficient on +135Mhz core & 3100Mhz memory clocks.
If I did know how to edit V-BIOS myself I'd do it for sure.......... but that's me.
Anyway good job BNaughty.
Peace.

Fire
Level 10
I can't download the file can someone please PM me a download link?

Thanks