Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install windows 7 on G75VW?

widj
Level 7
hi,

I just got an Intel 330 180GB SSD

I've removed the existing 500GB 5400RPM HDD and replaced with the SSD

I don't want Windows 8 on this laptop, I want to be able to install Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

so far what I've tried:
call Asus support, just to be told that they don't support Windows 7 on this laptop and they can't help me

tried Windows 7 DVD on it, installation will not start and shows a black screen with somekind of boot manager error
tried to diskpart a USB flash drive and copied the Windows 7 DVD on it (including adding the bootx64.efi to efi\boot), I get the same black screen as above but different code

sites I tried to follow:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=209045

what I want to be able is to boot from USB with a Windows 7 installation and just install the OS

I disabled the OS control thing into the BIOS
7 REPLIES 7

widj
Level 7
I don't have the option to disable the UEFI BIOS as you have!

I even updated to 221 and there is no option for that

Pitcher1
Level 9
HI, does try 3th part utility like true image to do it, because now change Win8 ASUS AI recover utility is change version, have not release.

rewben
Level 13
in your bios, besides disabling Secure Boot Control, enable the Launch CSM.

infinity060
Level 7
Anyone have luck with this? I am also stuck and i have updated to the latest bios

infinity060
Level 7
Ok, it seems i have made progress. I enabled launch CSM and now i am able to see my USB drive as a bootable option. Ive chosen to boot from USB and its doing the windows 7 install now. Maybe this worked..

12er
Level 7
I tried to install Windows 7 (64 bit) on a partition of the SSD, but I seem to be out of luck. When I try to boot my install, error 0xc0000225 appears, and the repair functionality on my installation CD won't even start, as it doesn't recognize any compatible Windows installation. No idea what to do, last year installing Windows 7 worked flawlessly.

Simple set up to install UEFI GPT See this thread for guides on how.
If that don't work for you here are some other Guides
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro