cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX Windows 7 and drivers..

nostrora
Level 7
Hello,

I am new to Asus and I bought 2 days ago an Asus G75VX-T4033H and SSD: OCZ 256GB Vector

I made a brief configuration G75VX-T4033H:
CPU: i7-3630QM
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 670MX
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600
Storage-Disk in slot 0: 750.0 GB
(+ The OCZ SSD 256GB Vector I'll add)

My UEFI (or BIOS?) Is up to date (203) and everything is default.

I did not install the SSD in the laptop, I do not know if I should put it in slot 0 (since it is the system disk) and put the HDD in slot 1 (for documents)

I would like to install my SSD, remove windows 8 and put Windows 7 x64 (and debian dual boot., But that's another story) and finally have all updated drivers

However, I fear not being able to install the nvidia driver on windows 7. I understand that my laptop has the "Hybrid Power" and with that thing, you can not update the official nvidia. Must go through the drivers asus?
If this is true, it bothers me because I really want to be independent windows 7 and be able to update my drivers quietly (especially the drivers asus G75VX's not a day compared to those of nvidia

So for my transition to all this, I have prepared a list of questions and it would be very nice of you to answer 🙂
These are all questions for my laptop, nvidia drivers, the SSD and installing Windows 7x64

- Currently my storage looks like this:
Drive-in slot 0: HDD 750 (For OS and documents)
I like it like that
Drive-in slot 0: SSD 256 (For OS)
Drive-in slot 1: HDD 750 (for documents)
You advise me to put the SSD in slot 0 or 1? (For me it is logic+ set it to 0, so replacing the HDD in slot 1)
and everything in AHCI

- For Windows 7. I have rather let my partitions to GPT or MBR?

- I have to disable UEFI to reset the bios? (It will not cause delays?)
Puije-use Windows 7 with UEFI? for the installation of windows 7 it hangs on "Starting Install .."
However, I solved this problem by selectionantn: CSM Launch "to Enabled.

If I understood correctly, this is the CSM Launch bios, and desactived is UEFI.
I think to put the bios to install Win7 UEFI and back to enjoy its speed?

Once win7 I could enjoy the updated official nvidia? optimus with intel and intel HD4000 when I am not using the GPU?
I hate to be secure with asus update ....
4 REPLIES 4

GottiBoi55
Level 10
You may find this thread handy in helping with the "Downgrade" to windows 7>>>>>>>>>Click here

GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

rewben
Level 13
hi nostrora,

- Currently my storage looks like this:
Drive-in slot 0: HDD 750 (For OS and documents)
I like it like that
Drive-in slot 0: SSD 256 (For OS)
Drive-in slot 1: HDD 750 (for documents)
You advise me to put the SSD in slot 0 or 1? (For me it is logic+ set it to 0, so replacing the HDD in slot 1)
and everything in AHCI

the fact is you can put the ssd in any of the bays; just make sure you check and adjust the relevant boot options so that it can boot correctly. i would still put it in slot 0.

- For Windows 7. I have rather let my partitions to GPT or MBR?

if you use UEFI, you need a GPT disk for windows. MBR (hence, BIOS) will be more painless if you wished to have dual boot with debian. i guess there should be a way to do dual boot using UEFI.

- I have to disable UEFI to reset the bios? (It will not cause delays?)
Puije-use Windows 7 with UEFI? for the installation of windows 7 it hangs on "Starting Install .."
However, I solved this problem by selectionantn: CSM Launch "to Enabled.

If I understood correctly, this is the CSM Launch bios, and desactived is UEFI.
I think to put the bios to install Win7 UEFI and back to enjoy its speed?

there is no need to reset bios. disable Secure Boot Control and enable Launch CSM should allow you to do more things. i'm not sure which one has less delay.

Once win7 I could enjoy the updated official nvidia? optimus with intel and intel HD4000 when I am not using the GPU?
I hate to be secure with asus update ....

i guess you have found the answers to run nvidia driver updates from other threads. i think currently that's the only way to made it work.

there is no optimus, so you cannot use the built-in graphics in the cpu.

Pitcher1
Level 9
hi, what is your originally OS? Win7 or Win8, if Win 7 you are able to use AI recover utility change HDD, if Win 8 you will find the 3th parts utility, also you can go to ASUS support site to download all drivers and utilitys that you need, others, you also search ROG forum, many people teach how to install for G75 in here.

Adyghost
Level 8
@Mike and Marshall - I think it would be helpful to make a sticky thread with links to Windows 7 drivers for the G75VX. Certain VW drivers might also work for the VX, but other system components are different and it would be helpful to know if we can get drivers from the component manufacturer directly.