cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK so the world ends tomorrow, but how...

HiVizMan
Level 40
Sure most of you here in ROG land have seen a newspaper or something on TV about the Mayan end of world prediction.

Now I am keen to find out how do most of you think this is going to happen. Is it by meteor strike? Or aliens maybe?

My theory is if this is going to happen it will be via Super Volcano. And Yellowstone National Park in the USA will become the largest BBQ pit ever.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
54 REPLIES 54

xeromist
Reports have already come in from Australia that the world has not ended there. 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I think we will press Start for the new day but the BIOSphere will not post and we'll get an "overclock failed" message and have to RMA (Return to MAker) the motherplanet.

Also the Laacher See super volcano is closer if a BBQ is your thing...

cl-scott
Level 12
Was it TS Eliot who said it would be not with a bang, but a whimper?

cl-scott wrote:
Was it TS Eliot who said it would be not with a bang, but a whimper?

Which is quite ironic since part of his inspiration may have been that his missus was having an affair........whimpering while "banging" Bertrand Russel

HiVizMan
Level 40
Seems my public school eduction did work after all.

“This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.”
― T.S. Eliot - The Hollow Men
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Area_66
Level 11
WHATTTTTTTTTTTT the forum server will crash again ?

BearCat
Level 10
The History Channel is running a special on December 22 explaining how the world ended.

4Strings
Level 10
I'm a follower of Newton, actually...
He said that the world will end in 2060, so we have 48 more years (give or take a month or two) to OC to our hearts' desires.... 🙂

Granger
Level 10
Actually, I think you will find that the 21st of December is the Mayan date for 1st of April 😉