+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: AC Adapter compatibility for G75VW

  1. #1

    AC Adapter compatibility for G75VW

    Just got a G75VW-RH71 today to replace my older G73JW and I was curious if the AC adapters are compatible between models. The tips are clearly the same, but there's slight variations in the adapter power specs.

    ADP-180HB D (G75VW):
    Input - 100-240V ~ 2.25A
    Output - 19V - - - 9.5A

    ADP-120ZB BB (G73JW):
    Input - 100-240v ~ 2.0A
    Output - 19V - - - 6.32A

    Figure there's someone wiser than myself here that can let me know if I need to purchase a new AC adapter (I like to keep an extra one in the office) or if the G73JW's will work.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt gokica +10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    242

    The 180W adapter will fit them both. The 120W will only work with its own laptop and is not compatible with the hungrier machine.

  3. #3
    Administrator Pitcher@asus +10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,441

    hi, high wattage can be use at low wattage, but low wattage can not use to high wattage, it would unstable or can not boot.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt GottiBoi55 +20 GottiBoi55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida...USA
    Posts
    838

    Quote Originally Posted by Edicius View Post
    Just got a G75VW-RH71 today to replace my older G73JW and I was curious if the AC adapters are compatible between models. The tips are clearly the same, but there's slight variations in the adapter power specs.

    ADP-180HB D (G75VW):
    Input - 100-240V ~ 2.25A
    Output - 19V - - - 9.5A

    ADP-120ZB BB (G73JW):
    Input - 100-240v ~ 2.0A
    Output - 19V - - - 6.32A

    Figure there's someone wiser than myself here that can let me know if I need to purchase a new AC adapter (I like to keep an extra one in the office) or if the G73JW's will work.

    Thanks!
    Here's what you need here>>>>>Asus estore

    Product Specifications:
    Output: 19 V DC, 9.5 A, 180W
    Input: 100~240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal
    GottiBoi55
    Asus G750JZ-DS71 Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)
    Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
    Samsung 24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
    SanDisk mSSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
    Second Monitor: Sharp Aquos 32"

  5. #5
    Got it, much appreciated! Had a feeling that would be the case.

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt GottiBoi55 +20 GottiBoi55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida...USA
    Posts
    838

    Quote Originally Posted by Edicius View Post
    Got it, much appreciated! Had a feeling that would be the case.
    You welcome
    GottiBoi55
    Asus G750JZ-DS71 Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)
    Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
    Samsung 24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
    SanDisk mSSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
    Second Monitor: Sharp Aquos 32"

  7. #7
    ROG Member Tumbler +10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14

    Quote Originally Posted by GottiBoi55 View Post
    Here's what you need here>>>>>Asus estore

    Product Specifications:
    Output: 19 V DC, 9.5 A, 180W
    Input: 100~240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal
    Oh Jeez, thank you for this link! I just ordered a 2nd power supply for my G75vw.. Was going nuts trying to find one for sale via asus directly. Hmm after shipping and tax that is $125....think I'm going to use a random laptop accessories site that seems to have the genuine charger for less.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts