cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g75vx network adaptop drivers for windows 7

DAN16M
Level 7
is anyone having trouble with installing drivers for the network controller on windows 7? they start to install only to say that the the device has been disconnected re-insert the device. I can see the network adaptor in device manager but with out drivers it doesn't do any thing. any ideas?? thanks
22 REPLIES 22

Spydyr
Level 7
If you are using Avast Internet Securities it has been known to go into lockdown mode when installing drivers. I have had it happen to me many times but I really like Avast so I tend to deal with it. I recommend shutting your AV and trying to install it again and see if that helps.

Spydyr wrote:
If you are using Avast Internet Securities it has been known to go into lockdown mode when installing drivers. I have had it happen to me many times but I really like Avast so I tend to deal with it. I recommend shutting your AV and trying to install it again and see if that helps.

so far havent put any AV on

gokica
Level 10
*banned website*

Unpack.

In the Control Panel > System > Device Manager, locate the network device and choose update driver from that particular location where you unpacked the file.

Pitcher1
Level 9
if you press search, is apear again? or if you plug RJ45 to network, is it work?

So I've tried that still no luck ethernet works but no Bluetooth or wifi. I know the adaptor works cause I put my windows 8 hdd back in and wifi works fine? Aany more ideas

rewben
Level 13
DAN16M, try this one.

BuLaXa
Level 7
I have the same, problem. in the device manager, on the Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc. Manufacturer, network adapter should I choose? I've tried many different ones and I can't find the right one... 😕
Asus G75VX-T4022P
Processor: Intel i7 3630QM
Memory: 32GB (4*8GB 1600Mhz)
Storage: 256GB SSD + 750GB 7200rpm
Screen: Matte 17.3" LED FHD / NG
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX670MX, GDDR5 3Gb
Wireless: 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0

Thanks rewen unfortantly that one didnt work either i tried running the setup but that just wouldnt run passed picking language and i tried installing it threw device manager and no luck there aswell.

Can you confirm the model of your WiFi, even If you have to use your Win8 drive to find out.

Those having the problem with drivers are using incompatible drivers. In respect, this should not be such a mess that it is to install.

VX models do come with the Atheros AR9485WB-EG (802.11 b/g/n) or the Qualcomm Atheros (same) QCA9860/QCA9862 which are for the 802.11ac.

Do you know if you got 802.11ac or 802.11 b/g/n?

Here's what I think is happening. The models that carry the 802.11ac chipset have driver support under Windows 8. But in Winows 7, you have to manually update it with what driver....?? Exactly.

You can maually update your network adapter driver using Windows 8's. Just need to verify which model you are using under Windows 8 first.

That's my take on this.