Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, and have used ASUS products for a few years now and like their products and Customer Support. New to ROG products tho. But had a few questions on my current build and would like your advice. The Current Build is going to be a Gaming Only PC. I am going for top of the line for the Ultimate gaming experience. I have purchased a few things so far and have $3000 left over. Most of the items I will be buying locally because I can get better deals than NewEgg and Amazon. I would prefer to stay with Corsair/ASUS/Intel products which i've used in the past without any problems. I am no expert byall means, but have a great understanding on this and have done some previous builds.
I plan on Overclocking between 4.0-4.6GHz Max, Nothing extreme
Intel 520 120GB (OS), 240GB (Games)
ASUS PB278Q Resolution 2560 x 1440 5ms Monitors x3
ASUS Rampage V Formula x79
ASUS GTX 680 4GB X2
Corsair Black Vengeance C70 Case
Corsair AX860i PSU
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (4x2GB) 1.5V DDR3 1600 Cas 9 Ram #CMZ8GX3M4X1600C9
Western Digital Black Caviar 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
Remember I want to get the Best out of the brands i have selected for Gaming
But my questions are:
1. Few questions on an SSD, I would prefer to use either the Intel 520 or a Corsair Brand, What would be the best Corsair brand SSD? Out of Intel 520 or the best Corsair Brand SSD would you guys recommend?
2. Size of SSD? I plan on using only for Boot/OS/Games. A few people told me to use only a 480GB+ SSD and some said i only need a 120GB SSD
3. Should I use a HDD also, Was planning on getting a Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB, 10,000 RPM HDD, Some say use only a SSD.
4. Sound/Audio Card. I cant Decide Between the Essence STX or the Phoebus( If Not Discontinued ). What are your recommendations. For me there within $5 of eachother
5. Last Question, I want to use a ASUS Blu-ray Burner Combo Drive. I have checked out a few and notice ASUS has 2 different models, the BW-12B1ST which every says is a great Drive, and the BW-14D1XT, which i heard is the newer model, correct? I can get them both for the same price. Which one would be a better one.
If for some reason you think i can get something better for gaming with the brands i have selected and already purchased, I can always return and get the better item.
I would appreciate everyones replies to help me finish this build.