cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Setup Guide For Maximus V Motherboards.

Chino
Level 15
Memory Setup Guide For Maximus V Motherboards

There are two easy ways to setup your RAM speed:

• Loading the X.M.P. profile.
  • Manually configuring all the settings.

1. Loading the X.M.P. profile

[/HR]
1. Change the Ai Overclock Tuner to X.M.P.

2. You'll see the X.M.P. profile loaded. There are certain RAM kits that offer more than one profile. In that case, you just need to select the speed you'd like to run the RAM at.

3. Press F10. Save and exit BIOS.

2. Manually configuring all the settings.

[/HR]
1. Change the Ai Overclock Tuner to Manual.

2. Select Memory Frequency and choose your RAM's advertised speed.

3. Click the DRAM Timing Control option and you'll be greeted with the following screen.

4. Time to input all primary memory timings for your RAM. You can find these timings on the box that they came in, on the sticker of each RAM stick or at the manufacturer's website.

5. Return to the Extreme Tweaker screen and scroll down to the DRAM voltage option. Once again, you can find the specific voltage your RAM needs on the box that they came in, on the sticker of each RAM stick or at the manufacturer's website.

6. Press F10. Save and exit BIOS.
56 REPLIES 56

kkn
Level 14
nice one chino, shoulda have been a sticky this one ( starts hinting 😛 )

SUKARA
Level 10
Thanks you sharing!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nice guide my friend. Now do this one in Spanish for me please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

TenBlade
Level 11
Thanks for sharing! I get so calm when I see BIOS step-by-step screenies 🙂 Yea, would make a nice sticky. I´ll stick it to my subscriptions.

How much time do you have in a Goon, Captain?

Thanks for that, but I understand that I can overclock my RAM. How and how much can I expect to overclock it?

Chino
Level 15
Spanish version is finished. 🙂 Yeah, I felt that having some images up would be more visually appealing than just reading. 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers thank you I will hit you up via IM/Skype tomorrow in that case.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Br41nH34d
Level 9
Sorry for noob question..Im using corsair dominator 1866Mhz 8Gb (2x4) currently in my desktop..I've follow this guide to setup my RAM speed and its working, from 6++ to 933Mhz..its based on the cpu id..a question is, does the 933Mhz that show in the cpu id represent for the both sticks or jus one stick??..