+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G75VW Windows 8 not secure boot

G75VW Windows 8 not secure boot

So I got my G75VW yesterday and I installed Windows 8 on it, I did a check to make sure it is secure boot and it comes back as false when I run:

check_SecureBootUEFI

I also lost the UEFI: Windows Boot Manager option when I did a BIOS update then went back to 207 (Stock) hoping I would get the option back but now all I have are UEFI: Network Boot and UEFI: DVD Drive even after re installing Windows 8.

My question is:
    Is this normal? If not is there a way to fix it or am I out of luck?
    Last edited by ikithme; 01-05-2013 at 12:18 AM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt john_from_ohio +20

Quote Originally Posted by ikithme View Post
    So I got my G75VW yesterday and I installed Windows 8 on it, I did a check to make sure it is secure boot and it comes back as false when I run:

check_SecureBootUEFI

I also lost the UEFI: Windows Boot Manager option when I did a BIOS update then went back to 207 (Stock) hoping I would get the option back but now all I have are UEFI: Network Boot and UEFI: DVD Drive even after re installing Windows 8.

My question is:
    Is this normal? If not is there a way to fix it or am I out of luck?
    Stay away from Win 8 upgrade unless you research it thoroughly and know what you are doing and why all the way down the street!

Quote Originally Posted by john_from_ohio View Post
    Stay away from Win 8 upgrade unless you research it thoroughly and know what you are doing and why all the way down the street!
    ... Okay thanks.

Any helpful advice?
    Last edited by ikithme; 01-05-2013 at 01:19 AM.

Administrator Pitcher@asus +10

does your OS system from win 7 to win 8? if yes, i think if win8 preload OS will see it.

This is a fresh install of 8 using a purchased OEM key.

+ Reply to Thread