cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Windows 8 not secure boot

ikithme
Level 7
So I got my G75VW yesterday and I installed Windows 8 on it, I did a check to make sure it is secure boot and it comes back as false when I run:

check_SecureBootUEFI

I also lost the UEFI: Windows Boot Manager option when I did a BIOS update then went back to 207 (Stock) hoping I would get the option back but now all I have are UEFI: Network Boot and UEFI: DVD Drive even after re installing Windows 8.

My question is:
Is this normal? If not is there a way to fix it or am I out of luck?
4 REPLIES 4

john_from_ohio
Level 11
ikithme wrote:
So I got my G75VW yesterday and I installed Windows 8 on it, I did a check to make sure it is secure boot and it comes back as false when I run:

check_SecureBootUEFI

I also lost the UEFI: Windows Boot Manager option when I did a BIOS update then went back to 207 (Stock) hoping I would get the option back but now all I have are UEFI: Network Boot and UEFI: DVD Drive even after re installing Windows 8.

My question is:
Is this normal? If not is there a way to fix it or am I out of luck?

Stay away from Win 8 upgrade unless you research it thoroughly and know what you are doing and why all the way down the street!

john_from_ohio wrote:
Stay away from Win 8 upgrade unless you research it thoroughly and know what you are doing and why all the way down the street!

... Okay thanks.

Any helpful advice?

Pitcher1
Level 9
does your OS system from win 7 to win 8? if yes, i think if win8 preload OS will see it.

This is a fresh install of 8 using a purchased OEM key.