Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: G75VX New 205 Bios

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

G75VX New 205 Bios

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming...75VX/#download

I am at work right now but can't wait to go home and try it. I hope that I will have the time. If someone surpasses me please post results.

I wonder what is the upgrade and improvements that it brings to us. Maybe Optimus finally.

Edit: probably just UEFI GOP for some sort of fast booting:

http://www.google.com/search?q=gop+n...&oq=gop+nvidia
    Last edited by gokica; 01-10-2013 at 11:40 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hmm, on official webside it says: Change VBIOS and GOP.

Not sure what GOP is.
    Maybe they have changed the VBIOS to change the hardware ids of the 670mx so that offical nvidia driver could be installed without any tricks. It would be very nice if someone could provide any information about the new BIOS as soon as possible.

DotA 2 Addict Array DirtyCodingHabitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pitha1337 View Post
    Hmm, on official webside it says: Change VBIOS and GOP.

Not sure what GOP is.
    Maybe they have changed the VBIOS to change the hardware ids of the 670mx so that offical nvidia driver could be installed without any tricks. It would be very nice if someone could provide any information about the new BIOS as soon as possible.
    I'm wondering about this myself. I need to understand more about this new bios and I'll wait and see if it works perfectly for others.

ROG Member Array

Can somebody explain what GOP UEFI capable BIOS is ?! And do not forget to use english please
    ASUS G75 VX - T4043HM

ROG Enthusiast Array

I hope it's more stable than 204 was for me (which coincidentally was bypassed completely on the download page)! When I get my G75VX back from RMA if it is still sporting 204, this will be the first thing I flash!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss1 View Post
    Can somebody explain what GOP UEFI capable BIOS is ?! And do not forget to use english please
    GOP Acronym for Graphics Output Protocol and is related to writing to a graphical console, UEFI is Unified Extensible Firmware Interface and is a replacement for the old bios standards in which hard drives, date data etc were stored in such a fashion as to cause limitations to drive sizes etc.

Here are some details on GOP which may include some information on UEFI.

http://www.uefi.org/learning_center/...FI_GOP_AMD.pdf

Hope this helps.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I flashed it .nothing new some more option in bios. but the temps are 3 C now more and when I boot the laptop there is a flickering on the top of the screen. has anyone the same problem?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by samozen View Post
    I flashed it .nothing new some more option in bios. but the temps are 3 C now more and when I boot the laptop there is a flickering on the top of the screen. has anyone the same problem?
    Did you remember to set the BIOS back to defaults, I can't say that this will definitely fix your problem but it's one step I didn't see you mention.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I flashed the new bios as well. I do not experience flickering on top of the screen. Temperature on the 670MX seems to be higher than what it used to be with the same frequencies in idle. On load temperature seems the same. CPU temperature is the same idle and load as well. Everything else is the same actually.

I can not see new options in the bios. No Optiums either. Whatever UEFI GOP means I do not see the benefit but only higher idle GPU temperature.

Edit: It seems like the GPU idle temperature is actually the same. I do not know why for about 10 minutes after start was higher but now it got to be the same. 36-37 degrees Celsius. Room temperature is about 20 degrees. CPU idle is 34-35 degrees.

Everything is OK.
    Last edited by gokica; 01-10-2013 at 11:36 PM.

After update my is flickering on the top of the screen to..... and stiii not updating new driver from Nvidia

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast