cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX New 205 Bios

gokica
Level 10
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G75VX/#download

I am at work right now but can't wait to go home and try it. I hope that I will have the time. If someone surpasses me please post results.

I wonder what is the upgrade and improvements that it brings to us. Maybe Optimus finally.

Edit: probably just UEFI GOP for some sort of fast booting:

http://www.google.com/search?q=gop+nvidia&hl=en&gbv=2&gs_l=heirloom-hp.3...1283.5017.0.5216.11.11.0....
50 REPLIES 50

pitha1337
Level 7
Hmm, on official webside it says: Change VBIOS and GOP.

Not sure what GOP is.
Maybe they have changed the VBIOS to change the hardware ids of the 670mx so that offical nvidia driver could be installed without any tricks. It would be very nice if someone could provide any information about the new BIOS as soon as possible.

pitha1337 wrote:
Hmm, on official webside it says: Change VBIOS and GOP.

Not sure what GOP is.
Maybe they have changed the VBIOS to change the hardware ids of the 670mx so that offical nvidia driver could be installed without any tricks. It would be very nice if someone could provide any information about the new BIOS as soon as possible.

I'm wondering about this myself. I need to understand more about this new bios and I'll wait and see if it works perfectly for others.

Kriss1
Level 8
Can somebody explain what GOP UEFI capable BIOS is ?! 🙂 And do not forget to use english please 😉
ASUS G751JY (i7 4710HQ)

Kriss1 wrote:
Can somebody explain what GOP UEFI capable BIOS is ?! 🙂 And do not forget to use english please 😉

GOP Acronym for Graphics Output Protocol and is related to writing to a graphical console, UEFI is Unified Extensible Firmware Interface and is a replacement for the old bios standards in which hard drives, date data etc were stored in such a fashion as to cause limitations to drive sizes etc.

Here are some details on GOP which may include some information on UEFI.

http://www.uefi.org/learning_center/UPFS11_P4_UEFI_GOP_AMD.pdf

Hope this helps.
I truly believe that there are people on this planet who should voluntarily remove them selves from the gene pool.
Maximus IV Extreme Z/16G/2600K, Rampage V Extreme Edition 10/32G/6900K, G751JY-T7042H
Zenith Extreme Alpha/64G/2950x , X399 Prime A/32G/1900X
Power Mad Mu ha ha ha

Individ
Level 7
I hope it's more stable than 204 was for me (which coincidentally was bypassed completely on the download page)! When I get my G75VX back from RMA if it is still sporting 204, this will be the first thing I flash! 😄

samozen
Level 8
I flashed it .nothing new some more option in bios. but the temps are 3 C now more and when I boot the laptop there is a flickering on the top of the screen. has anyone the same problem?

samozen wrote:
I flashed it .nothing new some more option in bios. but the temps are 3 C now more and when I boot the laptop there is a flickering on the top of the screen. has anyone the same problem?

Did you remember to set the BIOS back to defaults, I can't say that this will definitely fix your problem but it's one step I didn't see you mention.
I truly believe that there are people on this planet who should voluntarily remove them selves from the gene pool.
Maximus IV Extreme Z/16G/2600K, Rampage V Extreme Edition 10/32G/6900K, G751JY-T7042H
Power Mad Mu ha ha ha

After update my is flickering on the top of the screen to..... and stiii not updating new driver from Nvidia

PadiG75VX wrote:
After update my is flickering on the top of the screen to..... and stiii not updating new driver from Nvidia

Again same question for you as samozen - did you reset the bios settings to defaults ?
Power Mad Mu ha ha ha