The point of this thread is too speculate on the frequencies, double precisoin Gflops,amount of memory, etc. that Nvidia's upcoming Kepler based cards will have (expect them Q1 2012).
KEEP YOUR NVIDIA/RADEON FANBOY WARS AWAY!
Anyways, all we know is it's supposed to have 3 times the performance per watt of Fermi and is supposed to be a 22nm architecture. Ladies and gentlemen, start your imaginations.
- I predict a 2x-3x increase in power from the 5xx cards to the 6xx cards. Nvidia may dial it back on the higher end gpus (1.5x-2x) so that they use less power.
- Because the processing power will increase so dramatically the memory will likely increase as well, i.e. a GTX660 might have 2-3 gigs of ram, GTX670 might have 2.5-3.75, and so on.
- I predict power consuption and the heat generated will be more or less the same.
- I think dx12 will release with windows 8 during H1 2012 so there will probably be support.
- It's unlikely we'll get GDDR6, but probably by Maxwell (7xx, 2013-14).
Contribute, expand, and/or refute any ideas.