+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ROG GameFirst II

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Black4 +10 Black4's Avatar

ROG GameFirst II

I get a "Run" prompt dialog box as soon ask my desktop loads with this software, rather than auto-loading without it like GPU Tweak. What is the difference in the startup of these applications?

Might I need to set the ROG GameFirst II software to run as an Administrator so that I don't get prompted at startup?
    Imágenes Adjuntas
    A Republic of Gamers heart.

| olive drab Vengeance C70 chassis | stable OS Win 7 64-bit | rocket Maximus V GENE board | powerful Intel Core i7 2600K | lightening red Viper3 1866 MHz memory | cool as ice CPU liquid-cooler | exceedingly fast monster triple-slot graphics card GTX 560Ti 448 Cores | striping RAID array | stellar 245BW 24" monitor |

Contemplating: Overclocker's specialty video card R-O-G HD7970 Matrix!

ROG Guru: Brown Belt nikosa43 +30 nikosa43's Avatar

You can try this:
    1. Uninstall the application.
    2.Restart Windows.
    3.Right click the setup application.
    4.Go to properties.
    5.Go to Compatibility TAB and choose Change settings for all Users.
    6.Choose Run as administrator and then Apply.
    7.Close Properties pressing OK.
    8.Right click the Setup application again, go to Run as Administrator and do the installation.
    9.After the installation has finished, locate the .exe file of the installed application. If you cannot, go to the shortcut on your desktop
    right click and choose Go to target file location.
    10.Locate the file of the application and repeat steps 3 to 7 for the installed application.
    11.Restart your computer and see if it's OK.
    If this doesn't work, you can latter change the security permissions of the application, but first please try the above steps first.

Done, and it works. Thanks nikosa43, that's very helpful.

| olive drab Vengeance C70 chassis | stable OS Win 7 64-bit | rocket Maximus V GENE board | powerful Intel Core i7 2600K | lightening red Viper3 1866 MHz memory | cool as ice CPU liquid-cooler | exceedingly fast monster triple-slot graphics card GTX 560Ti 448 Cores | striping RAID array | stellar 245BW 24" monitor |

I'm happy to hear good news. Enjoy.

Is there any setup required for the GameFirst II software?

Or does it automatically recognize games like BF3.exe and VoIP programs and set them as a high priority for LAN traffice as soon as they are launched?

LOL. To be honest i haven't used it. i'm not gaming so much online. You have to search the settings under Games TAB. It suppose to give priority to Game Data Traffic when you play online and the same time you download something, (let's say with some Torrent client, wich usually suck the blood of your bandwith).

i updated my Maximus V Formula bios from 1408 to 1404 and then it said that i had to update ROG GameFirst II, so i just updated GameFirst II from the version i got on a disk with the motherboard to version 9.00.2020, but now it says that i only can use it for 30 days before i have to buy it. have i done something wrong or do you have to buy it?

I have tried this but I still get the pop up when I first boot up....Please help

Bump

This is really annoying me now - I am thinking about just uninstalling it and forgetting about it

wow the support on here is about as good as this dump Impact Mobo I bought..

+ Reply to Thread