cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GameFirst II

Black4
Level 8
I get a "Run" prompt dialog box as soon ask my desktop loads with this software, rather than auto-loading without it like GPU Tweak. What is the difference in the startup of these applications?

Might I need to set the ROG GameFirst II software to run as an Administrator so that I don't get prompted at startup?
A Republic of Gamers heart.

The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.
13 REPLIES 13

nikosa43
Level 12
You can try this:
1. Uninstall the application.
2.Restart Windows.
3.Right click the setup application.
4.Go to properties.
5.Go to Compatibility TAB and choose Change settings for all Users.
6.Choose Run as administrator and then Apply.
7.Close Properties pressing OK.
8.Right click the Setup application again, go to Run as Administrator and do the installation.
9.After the installation has finished, locate the .exe file of the installed application. If you cannot, go to the shortcut on your desktop
right click and choose Go to target file location.
10.Locate the file of the application and repeat steps 3 to 7 for the installed application.
11.Restart your computer and see if it's OK.
If this doesn't work, you can latter change the security permissions of the application, but first please try the above steps first.

Black4
Level 8
Done, and it works. Thanks nikosa43, that's very helpful.

nikosa43
Level 12
I'm happy to hear good news. Enjoy.

Black4
Level 8
Is there any setup required for the GameFirst II software?

Or does it automatically recognize games like BF3.exe and VoIP programs and set them as a high priority for LAN traffice as soon as they are launched?

nikosa43
Level 12
LOL. To be honest i haven't used it. i'm not gaming so much online. You have to search the settings under Games TAB. It suppose to give priority to Game Data Traffic when you play online and the same time you download something, (let's say with some Torrent client, wich usually suck the blood of your bandwith).

Explizits
Level 7
i updated my Maximus V Formula bios from 1408 to 1404 and then it said that i had to update ROG GameFirst II, so i just updated GameFirst II from the version i got on a disk with the motherboard to version 9.00.2020, but now it says that i only can use it for 30 days before i have to buy it. have i done something wrong or do you have to buy it?

I have tried this but I still get the pop up when I first boot up....Please help

Bump

This is really annoying me now - I am thinking about just uninstalling it and forgetting about it

crazymilk
Level 7
wow the support on here is about as good as this dump Impact Mobo I bought..