cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7970HD Matrix (Platinum) Watercooler Fullblock!!! Good News!

Doc_Scorpion
Level 8
Hey fellas,

I recently wrote up the guys the EK WaterBlocks and asked them to consider making a fullblock for the 7970 HD Matrix Series.

This is what came out:

Dear Thomas,

I have some news for you: http://www.ekwb.com/news/306/19/ASUS-MATRIX-7970-full-cover-water-block-in-the-works/

Spread it among your fellow Matrix users J

Best Regards,

Description: ek_email_podpis-niko

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:07 PM
To: EK Niko Tivadar
Subject: Re: Product proposal for EK - ASUS 7970 HD Matrix (Platinum)

Dear Niko,

thank you for the quick response, I myself and all Matrix Platinum owners will keep their fingers crossed.

Until then....

Best regards

Thomas

Am 15.01.2013 22:55, schrieb EK Niko Tivadar:

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your letter. We will be deciding regarding the faith of 7970 Matrix water block on Thursday. In case we decide to go for the water block we will publish the news about this.

Thank you for understanding! 🙂

Best Regards,

Description: ek_email_podpis-niko

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 7:32 AM
To: n.tivadar@ekwb.com
Subject: FW: Product proposal for EK - ASUS 7970 HD Matrix (Platinum)

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:11 AM

To: support@ekwb.com

Subject: Product proposal for EK - ASUS 7970 HD Matrix (Platinum)

Dear Sirs,

according to your website, you have no plans on designing and distributing a fullblock watercooling solution for the ASUS 7970 HD Matrix (Platinum) graphics card.

Is this already a final statement? There is an actually pretty high number of owners of this card that are looking for a fullblock solution for exactly this model (including myself).

Since you have already created custom solutions for the MSI R 7970 Lightning and the ASUS HD7970-DC2-3GD5 Radeon HD 7970, I wonder if it would be too far of a stretch to create a fullblock solution for the ASUS 7970 HD Matrix Platinum, especially because the board design only marginally deviates from that of the DC2 you already designed.

I am more than sure that there is a substantial amount of people who would buy a fullblock solution for this card (please cross reference this statement with known forums) since it has, by now, received a certain notoriety.

In the name of all watercooling Matrix Platinum owners, I sincerely hope you reconsider the decision of not providing a cooling solution for this model.

I am convinced that there is serious sales potential for fullblock for this card.

Best regards

Thomas

FINALLY!!!!!
43 REPLIES 43

Zka17
Level 16
Great news! I think, a lot of Matrix owners will be happy... :cool:

Sofyan88
Level 7
yo ho.. finally.. I just thinking about to sell my Matrix 7970 Platinum.... almost...
I hope the design will cool :cool:
can't wait for February

Thomas
Level 10
Good news everyone!

Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

sorter6434
Level 7
I preorderd two of theses but the are not in stock yet has the release date been pushed back?

Zka17
Level 16
Well, seemingly there is a delay... they supposed to be available from March 8... 😞

I posted about the water blocks not being availible yet on ekwb facebook page.They replyed about 2 minutes later.They sayd they should be ready to ship around Thursday !Better late then never I guess .

Do you think I will be able to install the water block but somehow make led indicator still to show the load of the card?? Dismount it from radiator and mount somewhere in the case connecting it with my radeon?
M7H / Matrix 7970 P (flashed to R9 280x Matrix P) + 2 x DELL U2713HM / i7 4790k + h100i push&pull / 3 x Kingston 3k SSD 120GB / 1 x Corsair ForceGT 120GB / TridentX 2400 2x8gb / Corsair Graphite 600t case + AX1200i + NZXT IU01 + Bitfenix USB3.0 internal adapter

Mankz
Level 10
the light should plug in to a connector on the board. You can therefore theoretically keep the LED, but as I haven't seen the block, it quite possible there isn't the room cut out of the copper base to allow connection.

When I see a finished card/block I should be able to work it out for you.

czeslaw
Level 7
Gr8 - I'd appreciate that ! It's hard for me to decide whether it's possible or not as till now I had no reason to disamount air cooling from matrix.

Here is some image of forthcoming block: 18270

It would be really cool if I could mount the leds for example as one of 5.25'' covers :))
M7H / Matrix 7970 P (flashed to R9 280x Matrix P) + 2 x DELL U2713HM / i7 4790k + h100i push&pull / 3 x Kingston 3k SSD 120GB / 1 x Corsair ForceGT 120GB / TridentX 2400 2x8gb / Corsair Graphite 600t case + AX1200i + NZXT IU01 + Bitfenix USB3.0 internal adapter