cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roxio Cineplayer BD - update???

Symho
Level 7
Hi, Rogs

I open this thread because I have a problem with ROXIO Cineplayer BD software. Use this program to watch movies on Bluray but not being this the most upgradeable, for an unknown reason I can't play the latest titles. I asked ASUS help Italy and they claim that if I want to watch movies on bluray I have to buy a special software as my preloaded cannot PLAY BLURAY! RIDICULOUS!!! I beg for help to you and Marshall first moderation! Thank you!

Marshall HELP!!! I can send you in PM the entire email that i have recived by ASUS Italy! 😄
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black
30 REPLIES 30

Symho
Level 7
Symho wrote:
Hi, Rogs

I open this thread because I have a problem with ROXIO Cineplayer BD software. Use this program to watch movies on Bluray but not being this the most upgradeable, for an unknown reason I can't play the latest titles. I asked ASUS help Italy and they claim that if I want to watch movies on bluray I have to buy a special software as my preloaded cannot PLAY BLURAY! RIDICULOUS!!! I beg for help to you and Marshall first moderation! Thank you!

Marshall HELP!!! I can send you in PM the entire email that i have recived by ASUS Italy! 😄

Thanks, ASUS!

Thanks, Marshall!

Thanks, to all!

Symho wrote:
Thanks, ASUS!

Thanks, Marshall!

Thanks, to all!

The software is this:

So Bye! And thanks!

X-ROG
Level 15
What is the error exactly? Refuses to play? Black screen? Popup message?

Did you try more than 1 BD? Did you try reinstalling the software if you have the original install file?

"Unknown reason" I cannot help with sorry.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
What is the error exactly? Refuses to play? Black screen? Popup message?

Did you try more than 1 BD? Did you try reinstalling the software if you have the original install file?

"Unknown reason" I cannot help with sorry.

My problem is this:

dstrakele
Level 14
As I understand it, one of the ways content providers make money off of DVD's (or safeguard their revenue stream) is to develop new Digital Rights Management copy protection schemes for new movie releases. The player app developers must then pay for a license to the new DRM and incorporate it as an update to their player. Roxio may not be updating the OEM version of their player, so they can sell you the full-featured 'update' to recover some of their cost.

This is pure speculation on my part, but have you contacted Roxio about the issue?

Have you tried using AnyDVD to work around your problem?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Symho
Level 7
I use the software Cineplayer BD for the Bluray first of all! The ROXIO doesn't update his software on web but is it ridiculous that the ASUS staff write a lie! The problem appear only with last bluray films! ASUS Italy tell me that Cineplayer can't play Bluray!!! Ah, I confirmed they are ridiculous!

Symho wrote:
I use the software Cineplayer BD for the Bluray first of all! The ROXIO doesn't update his software on web but is it ridiculous that the ASUS staff write a lie! The problem appear only with last bluray films! ASUS Italy tell me that Cineplayer can't play Bluray!!! Ah, I confirmed they are ridiculous!

From ROXIO website:

"If the software was bundled with the CD burner or with your PC, you will need to contact the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of the equipment and it will provide the necessary assistance for the basic version of Roxio software."

Now I'll wait for an answer from ASUS!!! :mad:

Symho wrote:

From ROXIO website:

"If the software was bundled with the CD burner or with your PC, you will need to contact the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of the equipment and it will provide the necessary assistance for the basic version of Roxio software."

Now I'll wait for an answer from ASUS!!! :mad:

http://www.roxio.com/ita/company/contact.html

dstrakele
Level 14
http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/cineplayer/software_updates.html offers a GDIPlus.DLL file update for CinePlayer versions 1.5 to 2..1 to plug a Security exploit . I couldn't determine the version of your CinePlayer BD from the screenshot. Could this be the update your message refers to?

EDIT: Nope - the G74SX ships with version 5.8. Oh well!
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT