cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GTX 670 DC2T 2GD5 RMA HELP!

evga
Level 9
Guys my Asus gtx 670 is experiencing artifacts on screen when using it for more than 5 mins or gaming . I know the is the problem for sure because I checked it in my friends pc . I got this card for my birthday , its like month old now.
Also I dont have any invoice also im afraid to ask it from the donor . So how can I proceed with rma ? also im situated in SriLanka .
thanks for any input.
15 REPLIES 15

Thomas
Level 10
Are you running any type of overclock on this card? Also does your Chassis have the necessary intake/exhaust fans that a high-end VGA card would require?
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

evga
Level 9
Didnt attempt to overclock because it was factory overclocked , I also tried to downclock to normal gtx 670 , but still artifacts also I dont have a case so I run the system on open bench station .
Im still covered right ?

Mankz
Level 10
Perhaps ghetto rig a 120mm fan to blow cool air at the GPU fan?

Always helps drop my temps.

evga
Level 9
this is not a temp issue , the temps stay below 70oC .

Thomas
Level 10
The only thing I can suggest is registering your card at: https://vip.asus.com/login.aspx

Try and arrange RMA via there, otherwise you will need to return it to the shop where it was originally purchased.
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

cl-scott
Level 12
I guess I don't know what SriLanken cultural norms are about this sort of thing, but at least here in the US, it wouldn't really be insulting to go to the gift giver and say that you really like the card, but it looks like it's defective, so you want to do an exchange or an RMA, and need the receipt.

Still, based off the SN of the card, it should be pretty easy to tell if it's under warranty or not, so I probably wouldn't worry too much about the receipt for an RMA. Follow Thomas' advice, and you should probably be good.

evga
Level 9
thanks for the advice , il arrange a rma through asus.com , because I cant ask for the invoice .
thanks again for all info.

Thomas
Level 10
No problem!
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

evga
Level 9
Update!!! just want to find out if asus has any gtx 670 dc2t in stock to replace my card?