Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus-v-gene 1604 bios DESTROY Wake-On-Lan

czm97176
Level 7
Dear All,

Please note that 1604 bios is going to destroy Wake-On-Lan Function,

i restore back to 1408, everything work back again.
9 REPLIES 9

TL
Level 7
Hi czm97176,

Do you mind to elaborate how you have it tested?

Thanks~!

czm97176
Level 7
i use WOL everyday (1408 bios) through ASUS RT-N66U and AiCloud (Offical Apps from ASUS) , everything work and i am happy with that.
However, after upgrade to 1604 , enable the APM ( Powe on By PCIE/PCI ), WOL is not working anymore,
after that i restore it back to 1408, it work again,
i tested it twice. i am pretty sure the new bios break the WOL function.

thats correct after installing 1604 my intel i7 3770k graphics is not working propely
at device manager its says there are to many connections i have disconnects something to let it work propely
cant use igpu

SUKARA
Level 10
After upgrade the bios version 1604,Did you have re-into the bios manual then do once load setup defaultf setting?

TenBlade
Level 11
Why did you upgrade BIOS, what other issue did you have since you upgraded?

TenBlade wrote:
Why did you upgrade BIOS, what other issue did you have since you upgraded?

to be fair to the OP - Asus change-notes don't really help matters

"Improve System Stability" - without further elaborating

therefore anyone whos had any instability, be it crashes, resets etc etc - that they can't directly attribute to something else- should update

if the bios update said something lke "increase system stability - network card" or something - people would be able to make a better judgement to whether the bios update is worthwhile or not

as it is - most people would perform a bios update that says "Improve System Stability" - why wouldn't you !

feniks
Level 11
upgrading BIOS makes sense to me when one wants to utilize UEFI boot (secure & fast enabled) and enjoy better hardware compatibility with win8 features and such... I went this route myself recently ... otherwise I would stay on old good win7 pro and 704 BIOS for MVE ...

I think people noticing trouble with latest BIOSes, really should open tech cases with ASUS support ... I wouldn't count on insta-solving them, but at least their development team knows how widespread the issue is and could replicate the problem if properly described ... ultimately fix the root cause in next release 🙂

http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
.: R3C0NF1GUR3D :.
ASUS MVE :: 3770K bench @ 5.2GHz (delidded) :: 2x4GB Mushkin 996990 @ 2400MHz CL10 @ 1.7V :: evga 670 2GB SLI @ 1280/7108 :: Mushkin Chronos 240GB SSD RAID0 (OS) :: WD RE4 2TB (storage) 2TB :: Hitachi Deskstar 5K300 2TB (backup USB3.0) :: ASUS VG248QE 24'' 144Hz monitor

My rig with pictures
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

did the 1408 back no its working again
at device manager my intel graphics gives no signs of not working

TenBlade
Level 11
I hope I did not come across as beating up on OP with my, to some, retorical question. Perhaps there was an actual issue. But all too often BIOS is upgraded just because an upgrade is there (been there myself, just been lucky so far, that´s all). And with product description being as vague as you´re pointing out, Buckster, it´s bound to drag some trouble in it´s wake.
So, before just blindly updating BIOS, have a search on the BIOS revision in question, and ask around if it in any way applies to your particular issue(s).