cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75vx - gtx 670mx overclock stats

amama
Level 7
Hi guys,

Do u think this amount of oc is safe for daily 3-4 hours of gaming?

PICTURE WITH STATS TEMPS AND OTHER INFOS CAN BE SEEN HERE

The performance is kinda good like this compared to stock, I'm just interested about the safe values for daily gaming if these are not. Please explain your answers. Thanks!

Regards
amama
14 REPLIES 14

bernier
Level 10
Your GPU at 65temp is impressive! Mine running on stock clocks is already on 65-66temp while gaming..

I'm running +100 and +200 with ~60 degrees. Dunno if your mem clock is a bit to high. could you please run 3dmark11 and post your stats.

srmojuze
Level 10
Nice stuff. IMHO for Uniengine Heaven you can push the core and mem clock much higher (see this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27851-GTX-670M-vs-670MX-vs-675M-etc.&country=&status= ).

Of course, for 3DMark, games, etc. one will have to adjust accordingly. But I still think you can do +200mhz core and mem. Kepler and Asus ROG laptops = Beast

On my G55 660M I hit 85degC... So your 65degC is... icy cold. 😄

PUSH IT HARDER MUAH HA HA

zeng408
Level 7
+135 core clock +1000 mem http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5635477

+135 / +499
3DMark 11 + Vantage (no physx) today in the afternoon im going to do some oc benchmarks.

Click here for results (yet +135 / +499)====>3DMark 11 + Vantage (no physx)

I just wonder if the temperature is the only thing what matters. If you check the gpu-z stats, they are kinda good. Im not OCing to destroy my card, but to improve it to get better daily gaming performance, i just dont know the safe limits of ocing. Is it the high temps only? Or is there anything else?

amama wrote:
+135 / +499
3DMark 11 + Vantage (no physx) today in the afternoon im going to do some oc benchmarks.

Click here for results (yet +135 / +499)====>3DMark 11 + Vantage (no physx)

I just wonder if the temperature is the only thing what matters. If you check the gpu-z stats, they are kinda good. Im not OCing to destroy my card, but to improve it to get better daily gaming performance, i just dont know the safe limits of ocing. Is it the high temps only? Or is there anything else?

To be honest, I have no real idea regarding safety. From what I read temps shouldn't go past 85degC and you shouldn't see artifacts. Whether that means it is still "safe" I am not sure. For me as long as I don't mess with voltages then I think I am "respecting" the hardware enough.

As men (or women, if there are some here :)) we like to explore and push the limits of what's possible, even in a little way like OC'ing a laptop card.

Those are some great results and I think you can push the core to +200. +500 mem is very good because it helps memory bandwidth.

Aside from feeling good though, it is so you can get a good "look" that you enjoy for a game. For example Hawken I get a very nice "look" with 2x AA, good shadowing, transparency AA and PhysX. OC is the icing on the cake.

gokica
Level 10
When I get the chance I intend to open the cover and run benches with +1000 memory in order to detect memory modules temperature.

I have thermal sensors for my desktop (Zalman MFC) which I will try to attach to the memory modules of the card. If the temps are high, this may be the only obstacle for me not to run the card with +135/+1000.

I like the fact that there is heatsink covering almost the entire board (MXM graphic card) including the memory modules I assume.

One other thing may be the temperature of the mosfets/chokes relevant for the memory current flow. This may be hard to detect since I am not aware which ones are responsible for that (no schematics on the net since it is custom ASUS graphic card board).

gokica wrote:
When I get the chance I intend to open the cover and run benches with +1000 memory in order to detect memory modules temperature.

I have thermal sensors for my desktop (Zalman MFC) which I will try to attach to the memory modules of the card. If the temps are high, this may be the only obstacle for me not to run the card with +135/+1000.

I like the fact that there is heatsink covering almost the entire board (MXM graphic card) including the memory modules I assume.

One other thing may be the temperature of the mosfets/chokes relevant for the memory current flow. This may be hard to detect since I am not aware which ones are responsible for that (no schematics on the net since it is custom ASUS graphic card board).

That would be great. My core is really good, I wonder why the mem is a bit sensitive.

Please keep an eye on the power adapter. To high clocks could harm it.