cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Retired
Not applicable
I purchased this laptop while I was on travel in San Francisco Ca. in Feb. 2011. It has preformed flawless until today. I open up my browser to surf the internet and play some Facebook games and I get an error message on my tool bar saying this exact quote that I have never had prior to today.

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered and then disappears and comes back often. I read articles about this issue and many like this issue but I am clueless as to how to fix this error. These are what I have tried to do to repair this issue. Reinstalled the latest Nvidia drivers from both the Nvidia web page and also from the ASUS web page. Still the problem persist. I have searched for more information about this issue and have been stumped by the results of the search on google.com.

I downloaded a program called GPU-Z and snapped a picture of the results but I am ignorant as to what to look for if there are any errors.

Can someone please help me. I have no money for any type of service on this laptop as I have been laid off from my job and I need this computer to keep up with my resume and other businesses.

Thank you,

Mel Baker

2 REPLIES 2

irdmoose
Level 10
First off, which laptop do you have?
Second, there is a new driver that has recently come out. I would see if that helps your problem.
Third, does does this exhibit the same behavior in games?

Chastity
Level 10
That error is generated when the video driver crashes. Try disabling hardware acceleration in your browsers, and then run the Facebook games.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]