cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange issues with latest bios (1604)

sstephan
Level 9
suddenly , changing the cpu multiplier in bios stopped working . for example i changed it to 45 , during post it shows cpu freq @ 4500mhz , then once in windows , max freq is 3700 (under load) .
loaded bios defaults ,changed multi to 45 , same thing . once in windows cpu freq was up to 3700 .
uninstalled asus ai suite - no change .
then switched to second bios chip (original 0257) and walla , everything works fine .
switched back to the first chip , no good ...
finally , cmos reset solved it .
it worked for couple of tries , then got stuck again , now its stuck at 4400mhz , and changing the multiplier had no effect .
i reset the cmos once again , and so far its working .but i dont know when its going to go crazy again .

board is MVE
144 REPLIES 144

Jackwolfskins
Level 7
Had same problem some replyed here http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28211-AMD-Drivers-seams-to-be-causing-Asus-Maximus-Bios-pro...

Seams to be comon issue
-= CROSSHAIR VIII HERO =-

ASUS STRIX 2080 Super OC

AMD R7 3800X

GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200 CL14 RGB

SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB

CORSAIR RM650i

well ,i guess this happens with all bios versions then . (btw , no ati drivers on mine)
strange that it shows correct settings during post screen , and then the multi gets stuck .

so no real solution for this ,as of today .

sstephan wrote:
well ,i guess this happens with all bios versions then . (btw , no ati drivers on mine)
strange that it shows correct settings during post screen , and then the multi gets stuck .

so no real solution for this ,as of today .

...similar story here with a new Maximus V Extreme...everything worked fine, including BIOS update to 1805 - and then I accidentally hit 'GPU Up' - since then, things went a bit haywire re multiplier settings in AI Suite...even reinstalling AI suite did not help (now I unload it after booting)

My solution: as my 3770K runs great with relatively low volt (5 GHz at 1.386v), choose 40 as the multiplier in the Bios to get lower v's, then use Intel's excellent 'Extreme Tuning Utility' to bump up the multiplier to 50, along with the appropriate v boost.

snowking7 wrote:
...similar story here with a new Maximus V Extreme...everything worked fine, including BIOS update to 1805 - and then I accidentally hit 'GPU Up' - since then, things went a bit haywire re multiplier settings in AI Suite...even reinstalling AI suite did not help (now I unload it after booting)

My solution: as my 3770K runs great with relatively low volt (5 GHz at 1.386v), choose 40 as the multiplier in the Bios to get lower v's, then use Intel's excellent 'Extreme Tuning Utility' to bump up the multiplier to 50, along with the appropriate v boost.

there's a 1805 bios?

re ripsaw... there's a 1805 bios?

ooops, right you are...my mistake ...I had just posted about a similar problem with my Sabertooth Z77 board and Bios 1805 which has been giving lots of folks there some headaches

...for the Maximus V Extreme, I upgraded to BIOS 1604 and had the described problems re. multipliers, with the (hopefully temporary) solutions I mentioned via Intel Extreme Tuning utility

Chino
Level 15
Make sure to run the AI uninstaller that's on the sticky here.

On a side note, my MVE shipped with the 0704 BIOS and I've been using it ever since. No problems. Try that one and see how it goes for you.

SUKARA
Level 10
Maybe the intel ME fail....
first,into load setup default,and you can help to change another one bios rom to boot,then into the bios manual use the tools-->USB falshback re-flash the new version bios rom
second,change back second bios rom then re-flash the bios through EX-flash2 tools under the bios manual
Finally,after re-flash new version bios,please help to shrt dwon the system,do once CLRTC setting
then,re-start the system and re-set all bios setting

SUKARA@ASUS wrote:
Maybe the intel ME fail....
first,into load setup default,and you can help to change another one bios rom to boot,then into the bios manual use the tools-->USB falshback re-flash the new version bios rom
second,change back second bios rom then re-flash the bios through EX-flash2 tools under the bios manual
Finally,after re-flash new version bios,please help to shrt dwon the system,do once CLRTC setting
then,re-start the system and re-set all bios setting

it might be intel ME issue . i know theres a new firmware for intel ME , maybe i should update it first ?

strange that when i selected 2nd bios chip it worked ok , going back to first chip and its not working ...
also , i should note that when my multi got stuck at 44 (bios setting was 37) , i installed ai suite again , and i was able to change my multi settings using turbov.
when resseting the system , multi went back to 44 . loaded ai suite , and it shows my multi at 44 as default setting (bios is 37) . everything worked ok from turbov , so i dont know if its right to blame intel ME .

btw , changing other parameters , like vcore did take effect . disabling intel EIST did not work.

it definately something bios / ME related .

my system is currently dissassembled , so i cant test it right now .

sstephan wrote:
it might be intel ME issue . i know theres a new firmware for intel ME , maybe i should update it first ?

strange that when i selected 2nd bios chip it worked ok , going back to first chip and its not working ...
also , i should note that when my multi got stuck at 44 (bios setting was 37) , i installed ai suite again , and i was able to change my multi settings using turbov.
when resseting the system , multi went back to 44 . loaded ai suite , and it shows my multi at 44 as default setting (bios is 37) . everything worked ok from turbov , so i dont know if its right to blame intel ME .

btw , changing other parameters , like vcore did take effect . disabling intel EIST did not work.

it definately something bios / ME related .

my system is currently dissassembled , so i cant test it right now .

I keep Having the same issue multiplier just doesnt get saved on bios or something only clrcmos makes it work again. Its a
pain to use this Mobo like this.
-= CROSSHAIR VIII HERO =-

ASUS STRIX 2080 Super OC

AMD R7 3800X

GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200 CL14 RGB

SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB

CORSAIR RM650i