Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: G46VW Designer Interview: Everything About The New 14-inch ROG Gaming Notebook

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Mankz's Avatar

G46VW Designer Interview: Everything About The New 14-inch ROG Gaming Notebook

We sat down with G46 designer, Tony, from the ASUS Design Team to throw him some questions on ROG’s new 14″ addition to its gaming notebooks.

http://rog.asus.com/199032013/g-seri...ming-notebook/

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow's Avatar

Nice interview, it's good to see a face behind the product!!!

Though I do have one question and i'm surprised it hasn't escaped the lips of any Windows 8 Preloaded Laptop User...as far as I have seen, my question is this:

We've seen the current RoG Motherboards come out with the DirectKey, to be used for cold boot directly into the BIOS, or even from within Windows 8 its self to get access to the BIOS...why haven't any of the laptops yet, been equipped with such a button to allow users fast and easy access to their BIOS?
    MotherboardRampage IV Formula CPU3820 RAMCorsair XMS3 8GB 1600 VGAASUS 7970 Ref card SSD/OSCorsair Neutron 128GB HDD/DataSeagate 2TB CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha

ROG Overclocking Education Center ||| ROG RealBench Tweaks & Tips

Very nice, although I am curious about the G47 (when it is released) this one (G46VW) is a keeper for a few years well!

ROG Member Array

I would like to know when will be available the G46 with a 900p display

ROG Member Array

All G46 ship with Windows 8, so was there any accommodation in design to the new OS?

Tony: One thing we see in Windows 8 is the addition of touchscreens to use the modern UI. But gamer’s don’t need a touchscreen at all – it’s all keyboard and mouse, or sometimes a specific USB controller for driving or flying games – so we deliberately left it out of the design.
    I disagree about this one. Having a touch screen is an advantage for a gaming laptop in design. actually its another opportunity how to redesign a gaming laptop especially for windows 8.

By having a touch screen ASUS ROG can make a gaming laptop without a touch/track pad and use the touchscreen instead in navigating around the system. I've never seen someone use a touch pad for gaming anyway but why is it there? So that logic should not be used against touch screens.

Without a touch pad there will be space for programmable gaming keys!!!!! hence making a ROG laptop more of a gaming laptop not just a laptop with insane specs. Just remove the touch pad bring the standard qwerty keyboard down a bit and put programmable keys above it. Also without the track pad eating much space designers can put a second screen in between the programmable keys.

I hope ASUS ROG would consider something like this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by t0bi View Post
    Yup, waiting on that as well.
    If you like NPC battles, check out my YouTube channel!

New ROGer Array

I want to know this too

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Since gaming is related to good sound quality ASUS should try and make improvements in this field.

Edit: also I do not think that Intel wireless adapter will add much to the price (if possible).
    Last edited by gokica; 01-27-2013 at 01:23 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Tomislav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pongkie View Post
    I disagree about this one. Having a touch screen is an advantage for a gaming laptop in design. actually its another opportunity how to redesign a gaming laptop especially for windows 8.

By having a touch screen ASUS ROG can make a gaming laptop without a touch/track pad and use the touchscreen instead in navigating around the system. I've never seen someone use a touch pad for gaming anyway but why is it there? So that logic should not be used against touch screens.

Without a touch pad there will be space for programmable gaming keys!!!!! hence making a ROG laptop more of a gaming laptop not just a laptop with insane specs. Just remove the touch pad bring the standard qwerty keyboard down a bit and put programmable keys above it. Also without the track pad eating much space designers can put a second screen in between the programmable keys.

I hope ASUS ROG would consider something like this in the future.
    This is an interesting point, ASUS could get really creative with this. Also it would be cool to use a bit of touch screens for modern PC gaming, like for maps or inventory. I think it's not a feature that should be so easily made redundant for a gaming notebook.
    ASUS G75VX
    Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD

Me too! This is the only thing holding me back from ordering this bad boy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast