cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Code 80

Retired
Not applicable
Hello all, first time posting here and really enjoying my Asus ME4Z. I been playing around with the bios and have a stable overclock of 4.2Ghz. I noticed a bit ago the debug LED was saying 80-OEM DXE initialization codes. Then I went in and bumped the voltage up a tad on the cpu and dram. When rebooting and entering windows the debug LED went back to it's normal AA state. Everything is running great but just curious if anyone knows what that code is caused by just in case I come across it again. Thanks
14 REPLIES 14

S2000Gan
Level 7
im having that message atm as well on my M4G only noticeable problem is that my AI Suite is reporting my motherboard temperature as being below 0*C ranges from -5 to -11
My Rig:
CPU - Core i5 2500k || Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z || Memory - 8GB 2x4 Corsair Vengeance DDR3
Graphics Card - EVGA 560 Ti SC DS || Hard Drive - WD Caviar Green 640GB Sata II || Power Supply - Corsair HX650
Case - Lancool K63 || CPU Cooler - EVGA Superclock CPU Cooler || Monitor - 2x22" ViewSonic 1080p LED
EVGA Affiliate Code: ZZQSAN5DAP

Retired
Not applicable
I think the Debug code 80 is caused by AI Suite. That is the only time I get the 80 code is when I use the software. I also have done a lot of tweaking over the past 3 weeks and no longer use the software and have not seen the code since.
Must say I have been building systems since the early 90's and really loving this Maximus-Z and the rest of the setup.

Lemmy1978
Level 7
I got same , 80 debug code in last days...:( im uninstal complet ai suite and disable bluetotoh in bios.. i hope this will help. got some blue screen and frozen win 8 64 bit .. after months stable overclock 4.7 24/7 100% load . Maybe after last updating bios im forget change some in bios. Will see next days..but temp on H100i attack 75-85 Cels. venta is on balanced profile...soo loud, on qiet i got some bluecreen.. so i hope it is only that debug 80 problem:) sorry i have rampage 4 x79 3930K

shk1d29
Level 7
Just noticed this a couple of days ago on my MVE. I have the corsair link temp monitoring the VRM and RAM area and it is only around 34C. AI Suite is registering the mobo temp at -60C and once I saw it alert for -128C with debug code 80. Everything seems to be working just fine even OC'ed @4.6GHz. I turned up all my fans just to make sure its not a heat issue (which I highly doubt). Just updated to 1604 BIOS the other day so that could be it. Looks like they have a new BIOS 1707. I will try out the new BIOS and see.
Asus Maximus V Extreme
3770K@4.6GHz
32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz
EVGA GTX-570
AX860i Corsair PSU
H100i Corsair Hydro

shk1d29 wrote:
Just noticed this a couple of days ago on my MVE. I have the corsair link temp monitoring the VRM and RAM area and it is only around 34C. AI Suite is registering the mobo temp at -60C and once I saw it alert for -128C with debug code 80. Everything seems to be working just fine even OC'ed @4.6GHz. I turned up all my fans just to make sure its not a heat issue (which I highly doubt). Just updated to 1604 BIOS the other day so that could be it. Looks like they have a new BIOS 1707. I will try out the new BIOS and see.

SOLVED the 80 q-code, uninstall the AI Suite software, and now you have the A0, to everybody.
80 code is a issues of AI Suite software !!!

shk1d29
Level 7
Confirmed. The AI Suite II software is what causes the Debug Code 80. Can anyone explain the -60C and -128C temps using the software or is that a bug in the software as well?
Asus Maximus V Extreme
3770K@4.6GHz
32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz
EVGA GTX-570
AX860i Corsair PSU
H100i Corsair Hydro

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
AI suite is rapidly on the way to being declared Malware (or should be) get rid of it and all leftovers (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28319-AI-Suite-II-uninstall-cleaner) and enjoy your PC 😉

I have the maximus v extreme and just did a fresh install of windows 7 64 bit. I installed memtweakit from the mobo cd. I installed nothing else from the cd and I also have debug code of 80. what is causing the error on my mobo?

Nate152
Ok, I just did a reboot with the debug code 80, pc tried to boot and shut down twice then booted up A0. Guess everything is back to normal now but don't know what would have caused it to say a debug code of 80.