cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Mars 3 not getting released

alyraver
Level 10
Hey all

I read that the Mars 3 wont be released to the public, and it was simply an engineering excersize.

Anyone know anything? I am assuming that what i read is just a rumor. I hope so cuz i was looking forward to that beast!
800D/Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition/i73930K @ 5.2/ Kingston Hyper X Beast 32GB 2400/ STRIX 1080TI OC, EK Nickel Plexi CPU block, No Rad + No Fans :D, Alphacool D5 Pump.. HC 500A chiller @ 4C - Max load temp @ 5.2 = 55c. Lowest Core Idle Temp = 3c
8 REPLIES 8

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
alyraver wrote:
Hey all

I read that the Mars 3 wont be released to the public, and it was simply an engineering excersize.

Anyone know anything? I am assuming that what i read is just a rumor. I hope so cuz i was looking forward to that beast!

MarshallR himself said it won't be getting released, for a reason he wasn't able to elaborate on...but i'm gonna go ahead and say it's probably got something to do with Nvidia stating that nobody could make cards better than the 690...bear in mind this is only an assumption based on my part, whether it is the reason or not, we probably won't know 😞

Level 8
NVidia will be beating the 690 this month when the GeForce Titan arrives in a few weeks so that is a moot point, now a MARS III Titan = ARESII pwning Epicness
Case - Cooler Master HAF X 942
Motherboard - Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU - AMD FX-8350 ( OC'd @ 4.5GHz)
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master V8
GPU - Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 GHz Edition 6GB
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3 (2x4GB) @ 2400MHz (using XMP #1)
PSU - Cooler Master SilentPower Gold 800
HDD - WD 150GB Raptor & WD 1TB Caviar Green
OS - Win. 7 Ultimate 64 bit

NVidia will be beating the 690 this month when the GeForce Titan arrives in a few weeks so that is a moot point, now a MARS III Titan = ARESII pwning Epicness

Yeah, well of course it'd be a moot point, it's their own damn card lol 😛 but the fact remains, Mars III isn't being released.

Level 8
I know, so much potential and demand, it's sad... 😞

alyraver
Level 10
Ahh thats a shame. Look forward to the titan tho 🙂 7 series out later in year too
800D/Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition/i73930K @ 5.2/ Kingston Hyper X Beast 32GB 2400/ STRIX 1080TI OC, EK Nickel Plexi CPU block, No Rad + No Fans :D, Alphacool D5 Pump.. HC 500A chiller @ 4C - Max load temp @ 5.2 = 55c. Lowest Core Idle Temp = 3c

kkn
Level 14
tthe nvidia card is gona cost around 899USD ( well thats what ive read )

X-ROG
Level 15
It's not going to released sorry and I won't deny Mky is wrong in his comments but I couldn't say myself.

😞

Level 8
Nvidia still stubborn as ever, I'll stick with Radeons for now...