+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Video: ASUS Designo MX279H Monitor Overview

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Mankz +20 Mankz's Avatar

Video: ASUS Designo MX279H Monitor Overview

Dan K gets some hands on time with the 2012 Good Design Award-winning ASUS Designo MX279H Monitor. It’s perfect for your Eyefinity or surround-gaming multi-monitor set-up as its remarkably thin bezel design gives less obstruction to your field of view!

http://rog.asus.com/207432013/news/v...itor-overview/

Would have definitely preferred if the screen was glossy. Guess I'll be getting the similarly designed Dells.

ROG Enthusiast ItsDanK +10

Quote Originally Posted by 3scapist View Post
    Would have definitely preferred if the screen was glossy. Guess I'll be getting the similarly designed Dells.
    Personally, I can't work with glossy screens. It's simply not worth it to constantly see reflections on the monitors surface IMO.

ROG Enthusiast Johnny5 +10

Nice monitor, nice thin frame. But, um, there doesnt appear to be Displayport? Multi monitor gaming with HDMI? I will pass. Is it Vesa compliant? The stand looks like it is fixed with no options to move it?

Benq 120hz monitors are still the best option for Eyefinity or Surround IMO.
    Last edited by Johnny5; 02-08-2013 at 03:38 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt l3p-NL +10 l3p-NL's Avatar

Hopefully soon I'll be able to tell how it is to game on 3 of those 'sisters'

ROG Member Bean12 +10

I bought 2 of the 27in ones last Sunday just haven't had a chance to put them together. From what I have seen online; they look sexy! Lol

ROG Member govind997 +10

Does anybody have link to the wallpapers shown on the review of the monitor

New ROGer Vipertje +10

Quote Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
    Dan K gets some hands on time with the 2012 Good Design Award-winning ASUS Designo MX279H Monitor. It’s perfect for your Eyefinity or surround-gaming multi-monitor set-up as its remarkably thin bezel design gives less obstruction to your field of view!

http://rog.asus.com/207432013/news/v...itor-overview/
    This is a exelent screen with mine set-up, first it wasn't full size, but with screen adjustments in ATI software it came to life with FULL screen. Looks pretty sweet and sounds very very nice and warm. It isn't loud the sound, but very clear and warm, and with a audio booster you can make it a bit louder, but you don't wanna make it to loud else you may break the speakers, if that happens you may have the best sound ever sometimes and that is no sound! :P

Only one minus is that you can't mount it on the wall! But with you great designe feet, it's okay if you have the room for it! :P

ASUS Reseller Shawnnepc +125 Shawnnepc +125 Shawnnepc's Avatar

We picked up a few of these for our store demo area.

I also picked up one of the 27" to go with my VG278H
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

+ Reply to Thread