cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G46 Recovery

devildog125
Level 7
I just bought a G46 (I love it), and I have a question about the recovery partition? I have had multiple gaming computers and have been able to recover them all very easily with no problems. My main problem is that with this G46 is that there is a hidden recovery partition on the harddrive but how exactly do I access it? I know with my older ASUS computers that all I had to do was press F9 right after BIOS to get into recovery. Now with this one, if I hit F9 like I'm supposed to, it crashes and gives me the error "0x000225". What exactly is this error and how do I get access to this hidden partition? I have looked at the ASUS support site and there is no recovery software for the G46 like there is for the G55 and G75.
G46VW I5 Edition
16GB Corsair Vengence Ram
Killer n1202 Wireless Card
750GB Momentus XT SSH
32GB Samsung mSata SSD
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
That's...not normal. Sounds like a corrupted recovery partition? You may be able to do a boot sector repair on that but I'd be concerned about why it had a problem in the first place. It might be a sign that the storage device has issues. Looking at your other posts, are you booting off of a cloned drive? Because it seems the clone may not have been perfect. Either that or your drive may be corrupting sectors which is baaad for a young drive.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

IT is a cloned drive but even on the original drive it is the same way so maybe it was original corrupted partition in the first place? I have done every thing possible to try to fix it and have no idea. It drives me crazy so I kept the original drive free and clear just in case something happens I have a hard copy to put back into the computer. What would be good third party (free) for making a recovery backup partition?
G46VW I5 Edition
750GB Momentus XT SSH
32GB Samsung mSata SSD

xeromist
Not sure about free. Acronis is a popular choice but it costs money.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I'll have to look into that...thanks for the info.
G46VW I5 Edition
750GB Momentus XT SSH
32GB Samsung mSata SSD

dclanz
Level 10
Hmm, that is a tricky one however to access the recovery option on the G46VW (in Windows 8), go to Settings, Change PC Settings, General, (Scroll Down & Select either) Refresh Your PC Without Affecting Your Files or Remove Everything & Reinstall Windows.