cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS tech support is giving me a headache

Retired
Not applicable
I have a G73SW-XT1. It's apparently an old revision.
Phone call 1- Laptop wouldn't charge. Got an RMA, sent for repair along with notes given about touchpad issue + recall.

Sent an email asking for them to swap the laptop for a new revision: no response

Got it back after 2 weeks: Charges, MB replaced I believe, touchpad has less issues but now it turns off randomly + right fan doesn't work.

Call 4: Explained the issue, got put on hold, then the guy hung up on me.

Call 5: Called, explained all previous issues, guy gave me a service number and said someone will call me within the next few hours. Never got call.

Call 6: Next day- Called and a lady told me there was no notes set up for anyone to call me. She said she would get someone to call but at this point I said while I wait for the call let me just send in the unit for repairs at the very least. Never got a shipping label. I asked for some sort of compensation for the headache, overnight shipping at the very least. Nope, nothing could be done.

Call 7: Guy preceded to send me the shipping label and I shipped out the laptop.

Is this normal for ASUS to have tech support that is this bad? Honestly I even had better experiences with dell. I need this laptop for work and school and so far it's been dead turkey for 3 weeks now. Even the repair failed.

Also I believe I saw an online notice saying that they swap notebooks if they have the sandy bridge issue (which mine did) but they only swapped the motherboard I think. I was wondering if they should swap the whole laptop for that because that's what I'm reading here: http://event.asus.com/2011/SandyBridge/notice/ . Any comments helping me achieve a piece of mind are greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

irdmoose
Level 10
My experience with Asus tech support was vastly different. They took care of all of my issues the first time around. I even called in and added to my ticket before I shipped my laptop out, and they took care of everything the first time. However, it seems like different ARPs have vastly different levels of repair quality.

As far as the sandybridge issue, technically all that is necessary to remedy the problem is replace the motherboard since that's the affected part, so they may have opted to only replace your motherboard for any of a number of reasons (not the least of which could be not having a full replacement unit on hand). Also, IIRC that swap program was intended mainly for the first couple of months when the problems were initially discovered, they may have changed the process by now.

I CANNOT SPEAK FOR LAPTOP... HOWEVER MOTHERBOARDS..
BE PATIENT...IT MAY TAKE A BIT...YOU WILL BE REWARDED.
IT JUST TAKES A LITTLE LONGER SOMETIMES TO MAKE EVERYONE..
HAPPY....REST ASSURED IN MY ASUS EXPERIENCES THAT IS THEIR
'ABOVE ALL' MISSION....EVERYONE HAPPY.......EVERYONE.
rog on.c.