+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: formal complaint

Platinum Guru ROG chrsplmr +200 chrsplmr +200 chrsplmr +200 chrsplmr's Avatar

Welcome to ROG jpak2000 ..

ummm ... What's the question ???
    When in 2011 ?? and what of the xoticpc warranty ??
    What 'keyboard' malfunction ??
    Why didn't you come 'here' first ??
    Have you forwarded this thread or PM'd Any of the 'cl's' here on the forum ??

Most of what I read was rage and frustration, demands and threats. That will
    do little to resolve your issues.

Best of Luck.c.

ASUS Reseller Shawnnepc +125 Shawnnepc +125 Shawnnepc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rewben View Post
    based on your post, you should have contacted xoticpc and if the case was not resolved, filed the complaint against them, instead of asus in the first place :/

i think you have voided your warranty by modifying stuff in non-user serviceable area; but that should be covered by custom VARs. try contact xotcpc for your case.
    Correct. His warranty may have been voided by Xotic and ASUS may not have to provide any services to this customer. The point of possible issue is the replacement of the wi-fi card with a new product. As retailers we're allowed to REPLACE with same model parts in the non-user serviceable areas (Exception being RAM, we can do whatever with that)

I don't remember if the wireless card is in the non-serviceable area on the G74SX. That's something Marshall@ASUS or CL-Albert will have to answer

I know ASUS tends to have some non-official 'working agreements' with the re-sellers who mod the laptops beyond their normal specifications. However, it's still at their discretion if they will allow warranty service on these units.
    Last edited by Shawnnepc; 02-28-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

ROG Guru: Orange Belt srmojuze +10 srmojuze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
    As ASUS always says to me over the phone "ASUS does not offer replacements or refunds under any situations" ^__^
    Luckily in Australia we have more options I reckon.

ROG Enthusiast DRAKON +10

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnnepc View Post
    Correct. His warranty was technically voided by Xotic and ASUS doesn't have to provide any services to this customer.
    If this is true "technically" ASUS should say that the warranty is violated, not take the laptop for repair.

Assuming what he says is true then ASUS service is beyond unprofessional regardless if the warranty is voided, or if hit attitude is not correct, or the post place is not here. If I was in his position I would be more than angry and more than demanding. Now I can't say it should be that way but I can understand the frustration. Again this is assuming all his words are true and the story is not modified in any way to present ASUS in bad light. I would like some official statement from ASUS regarding the case. As we saw one side of the case lets see if ASUS representative would present the other. Just ignoring the case is not a good sign in my opinion (the forum may not be the correct one but the topic is already here).

ASUS Reseller Shawnnepc +125 Shawnnepc +125 Shawnnepc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DRAKON View Post
    If this is true "technically" ASUS should say that the warranty is violated, not take the laptop for repair.

Assuming what he says is true then ASUS service is beyond unprofessional regardless if the warranty is voided, or if hit attitude is not correct, or the post place is not here. If I was in his position I would be more than angry and more than demanding. Now I can't say it should be that way but I can understand the frustration. Again this is assuming all his words are true and the story is not modified in any way to present ASUS in bad light. I would like some official statement from ASUS regarding the case. As we saw one side of the case lets see if ASUS representative would present the other. Just ignoring the case is not a good sign in my opinion (the forum may not be the correct one but the topic is already here).
    They wouldn't know until the customer provides the receipt or once the unit has been disassembled and non-oem parts are found. We don't get any custom SKUing that tells the different resellers apart (Besides the B,BB, BBK SKU found on Best Buy units) There's no system that binds the serial number to any specific retailer unless the unit is registered online with ASUS by the consumer or reseller.

Generally with cases like this the customer is better off going to the reseller / retailer 1st (As long as the reseller/retailer PROVIDES a warranty)

We (resellers) have a direct line to ASUS support and can generally cut around the red tape that hinders the call center support.
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

ROG Guru: Black Belt rewben +150 rewben +150

i do understand the frustrations; i guess no one could stay calm after being kicked around and ignored like that.

however, barking at the wrong tree doesn't help him either.

ROG Guru: Green Belt bignazpwns +30

Quote Originally Posted by rewben View Post
    i do understand the frustrations; i guess no one could stay calm after being kicked around and ignored like that.

however, barking at the wrong tree doesn't help him either.
    I think think he expects a response. He's hitting Asus where it hurts and that's the pocket. But if you ask other people about their RMA's this is all to common with Asus where they jerk you around or when you send something in for a RMA they either don't fix it, take a month to even look at it or send it back scratched up. All these have been documented on these forums from people. Its sad when I see people at a store looking at a Asus and they ask about a warranty and if it is good and I tell them its a joke and if they want a warranty buy a Dell because with a Asus chances are your going to wait a month or just be jerked around for a while.

LIke I said I know the yes man supervisor he talked to on the phone and that man does nothing to fix problems im not even sure what his job is other then getting you off the phone. Im still waiting on a phone call he said he would make to me on the fallowing Monday...From Oct. That guy flat out lies about stuff to you and misleads you and these are facts and if anyone would like I did record every phone conversation I had with him and saved my phone bill showing incoming calls from then and guess what no attempts from them to contact me.

Asus is ran like a playground of kids. I recall one day when a forum member on here was accused or something "Stealing property" and was instantly convicted by a Asus employee on these forums then this wonderful employee uploaded his ip number to the public. This was very dangerous but it just shows you what we are dealing with and they have pretty much no rules and do not care because he is still working for Asus and if that was done on any other tech forum that employee would of been fired on that day as if anyone looked into that ip they could of got close and found that guy and done something to him for a crime our Fuhrer I mean Mod. Judged him. Funny I thought as an American that user was innocent until proven guilty by a court of law and had something called due process.

Bottom line if Asus wants to get close to the top 10 companies for support they need to start firing people starting with those two and making some changes because any time someone says to me Asus and support I laugh. Its been going downhill really fast in the past few years and so much that the last time I had to rma a motherboard and it took 2 months I switched to EVGA for all of my benchmarking needs.

My advice for you is don't give up keep pushing them. Squeaky wheel gets the oil and from what I seen this is just a Asus tactic they do. Email them every day, Call them every day bug them as much as you can. File a complaint with the BBB and when they don't answer that file another one. It took 4 for them to respond to the BBB for me. Don't give up and don't let them win.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt DeltaActual +10 DeltaActual's Avatar

So, to sum this up: Asus got THE worst customer service. They better wake up, and do something about it. 'till then, i'll go with AW.

ROG Enthusiast scarletvw +10

Wall of text.

There is more to this story then he is letting on.
    G55VW-DS71 - i7 3610QM - 16gb DDR3 1600mhz - 128gb SSD - GTX 660M 2gb

TeamROG Moderator xeromist +100 xeromist +100 xeromist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bignazpwns View Post
    I recall one day when a forum member on here was accused or something "Stealing property" and was instantly convicted by a Asus employee on these forums then this wonderful employee uploaded his ip number to the public. This was very dangerous but it just shows you what we are dealing with and they have pretty much no rules and do not care because he is still working for Asus and if that was done on any other tech forum that employee would of been fired on that day as if anyone looked into that ip they could of got close and found that guy and done something to him for a crime our Fuhrer I mean Mod. Judged him. Funny I thought as an American that user was innocent until proven guilty by a court of law and had something called due process.
    Your recollection is incomplete. The user in question was banned and the IP posted *AFTER* they admitted and flaunted that the laptop was stolen. Due process applies to the legal system, not punitive action between a business and an individual. If a business wants to shame and ban an admitted criminal from a private space it is within its rights to do so.

ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z Intel 2600K DangerDen cooling 8GB G.Skill Trident
    ASUS GTX670 Patriot PyroSE SSD Antec Signature 650 PSU Antec Mini P180 [ ASUS G73JH ]

Folding@Home - Join us!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast