cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

formal complaint

jpak2000
Level 7
All future updates will be in the later posts as this single post has reached its maximum word count.

Update 2/28/2013 6:30pm
Still no update on where my computer is as promised earlier in the day. Forwarded case to Xotic PC. Also will continue raising hell on phone and emails.

Edited for grammer as some has requested.

This is a formal complaint that I just posted. Reading forums I now understand that doing that or contacting the BBB is useless so I will post my formal complaint copy and pasted everywhere I can until they care enough to do something about it besides lying to me and giving me the run around.

Formal complaint Start
I purchased two identical high end top of the line computers in 2011 costing me about $3500. Since then I had my laptop RMA'd to Asus 3-4 times for keyboard malfunction, 1 time for mouse pad malfunction, 1 time for fan malfunction. I sent in an RMA to Asus on January 26 2013 for keyboard malfunction which was the 2nd or 3rd time for the same reason and also for a faulty fan. I received my laptop around February 5, 2013 with a still malfunctioning keyboard and a still malfunctioning fan.
At this point I was no longer confident in Asus’s ability to fix this issue and demanded that you guys replace my laptop with a new non defective one.
I know how this computer is supposed to work because I own two of them and the other unit runs flawlessly.
Asus’s customer service employee named Shane apologized and instructed me to try to RMA it again and get it repaired again and assured me this time they will get it right or replace the computer if they can’t. I told him that I have been without a computer for a week already and for them to expedite the shipment and repair. He said he spoke to manager and got the expedite repair approved. I shipped the unit on February 8 2013 using Asus Prepaid Label and the package arrived to your location on February 12, 2013. The tracking is fed ex 958362915007658.
Obviously Asus lied to me saying it will be expedited shipping when it wasn't. Next, I gave Asus a whole week to update their website with my repair inquiry and it never showed up. I still have no laptop and obviously was lied too when Asus told me the repair would be expedited. I called customer support at the 24 hour number and the gentlemen told me it can take a couple of days for the system to update the information and told me not to worry and to check back in 24 hours to 48 hours at the latest for an update on the website. I waited 48 hours and still no update. I then called Asus back and wondered what the issue was and where my laptop was. The gentleman who picked up by the name of Jason said he didn’t know what was going on and that he will escalate the issue to the managers this was around February 20 and promised me that I will be contacted within 48 hours with an update to my case. At this point I am very upset but I politely say ok and decided to give Asus service reps a chance.
2 days go by and no contact from Asus. At this point I know for a fact Asus lost my laptop and am expecting my replacement as promised. I call back round February 23, 2013 and the man I spoke to makes me explain everything all over again of course and tells me to wait another few days saying it can take the system time to update. I am furious at this point and demand to talk to a manager. The supervisor by the name of Mikael R. picks up and assures me he can help me. He explains to me that he is the supervisor and understand my situation and attempts to figure out the issue. He then tells me he will put in a request to replace my laptop but that it is not a guarantee. He tells me he has no update for me on the repair and tells me he will contact the service center first thing in morning when he gets in to work tomorrow because they are closed. He assures me that he will email or call me after he talks to them. I went as far as to make him promise to contact me and found out the time he will be calling me at the latest. He told me it would be at noon PST. I tell him ok I will give him a chance to resolve this. I wait for the call or email the next day and got nothing. Obviously I been lied to by Asus employees AGAIN!!! I can't even keep track of the number of times I have been lied too! I then called back at 5pm did the whole phone on hold thing again and finally have a hold of Mikael R. the supervisor once again. He assures me he contacted the service department and told them to update the status on my laptop. I asked him if he got confirmation if it was even with them or if they lost it or if they even started the repairs yet. He told me that he didn't get that information from them and that he will try to contact the department who handles repair inquiries. He also told me my request for a replacement laptop was denied. I am raging mad at this point. He finally after a long hold got back to me saying that he finally figured out that your systems are having technical difficulties due to a system glitch and that the status updates are backlogged and that is the reason I don't have an update on my computer. “Oh my god” is my response at this point. I ask what does that have anything to do with my computer being repaired and returned to me. He gave me a per vatum script response saying he apologizes and for me to wait a few more days for an update. At this point I gave the man 3 choices.
1 replace my computer with a new version of the same model and without any defects. I purchased this computer from your authorized online retailer exotic PC and had a memory upgrade to 16gig and a network card update to an Intel centrino wifi network card with bluetooth. Attached i have included my reciept for this computer proving this to be the case.
option 2 (preferred option) give me a replacement newer model with the keyboard glitch fixed.
Option 3 send me my repaired laptop right away.
I told him if he doesn't resolve this issue as promised I will report your company to the better business bureau. He apologized reading off a script and told me he can't help me. I then demanded to talk to the CEO of ASUS or a real manager and he put me on hold only to tell me he could not reach any managers at this time. I demanded to file a formal complaint and he gave me a link.
To sum it up this situation is absolutely ridiculous and it’s sad to know that unless I file a formal complaint I get nothing besides lies and perpetual loops. Every phone call I make to Asus takes an hour away from my study time. I am a UCLA student Pre-med student so I have a lot of studying I need to do. I also have to pay for packaging the laptop which costs 30$ at fedex to make sure it gets delivered safe in bubble wrap. I am without a computer now for over a month. This is the G74sx desktop replacement computer. I had no other computer because the second model I purchased at the timewas a gift for my girlfriend who also uses it as her main computer. Your company drove me to the point where I had to spend money and buy a new laptop because I absolutely have to have a laptop for school. I purchased the Asus Vivobook s200 model a month ago in order to hold me down. I have wasted countless hours on the phone on hold with Asus. I spent money, I have been lied too and pushed to my breaking point.
I called Asus again on feb 27 2013. Spoke to the supervisor Mikael R. again. He said the same script again apologizing for my frustration and that he can't do anything. He said he would transfer me to another supervisor right away and put me on hold for 2 hours before I hung up. I had a feeling he would do that so I called back on my 2nd line after 30 minutes of waiting all the while the first line was still on hold. I got in touch with a different supervisor, this time his name was Devouy. He went though all the verification steps again. Told me he can't begin to understand the frustration. Told me all steps have been taken to achieve a resolution at the fastest time possible. He personally assured me he will escalate it again (3rd time now) to the top and get my case on top of the list for resolution. He told me he will personally call the service centers and relevant departments in the morning call me with a status update. I got his promise to call me back by noon.

Next day on Feb 28, 2013 he called me back as promised! WOW finally someone from Asus kept their word! He instructs me that he called around and truth be told they have no idea where my laptop is. It could be in Texas where the prepaid label originally shipped it out or it could be in California at a different service center. He assured me all steps are being taken to handle this at the fastest time possible. He told me the computers will update for sure by tonight with my laptops information.
It is now 4:30pm and still no update in the repair inquiry systems. I’m pretty confident that I’m just getting the run around again at this point and would like for Exotic PC to light a fire under Asus.
For all my trouble I feel nothing short of a refund or getting fully compensated with a fully loaded new top of the line Asus model gaming laptop will fix this issue. If you look at Exotic’s records I returned the first unit I receive due to a defective keyboard a Exotic sent me a new one. The new one still had a defective keyboard but it was not as severe as the last one so I kept it for the time being because I needed a computer. I then decided to RMA it after which I did numerous times as documented.
Asus has failed me numerous times. I have been beyond patient. I have given Asus ample time and chances to resolve this and they have failed.
My case number is USG9322135
Formal complaint End
97 REPLIES 97

bignazpwns
Level 11
Checks out. I hope they make things right for you and offer a peace offering.

dparish2
Level 7
I understand your mad, however I would edit this to make it sound more professional....

1. I did not see any mention of a G75, G55 & G46 (type of forum we're in)

2. I would remove all "your demands," Telling them they are liars, and only reading off of script.. That makes you seem like kinda an ass.

3. Not sure what the Pre-Med has anything to do with your case... If your tying to impress them, correct your 26 grammar/spelling mistakes.

4.No matter if you have a "expedited" shipping label or not, mailing something Feb 8 (Friday), and them receiving it Feb 12 (Tuesday) is normal.. Not too many mail carriers move all weekend long....

5. Maybe mail this there and not here.

6. I doubt the VP or CEO will call you within 24hrs, they deal with a little more than just repair laptops (laptops, tablet computers, mobile phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), servers, computer monitors, motherboards, graphics cards, sound cards, optical disc drives, computer networking devices, computer cases, computer components and computer cooling systems) Also insulting their managers are really not helping your case.

rewben
Level 13
based on your post, you should have contacted xoticpc and if the case was not resolved, filed the complaint against them, instead of asus in the first place 😕

i think you have voided your warranty by modifying stuff in non-user serviceable area; but that should be covered by custom VARs. try contact xotcpc for your case.

rewben wrote:
based on your post, you should have contacted xoticpc and if the case was not resolved, filed the complaint against them, instead of asus in the first place 😕

i think you have voided your warranty by modifying stuff in non-user serviceable area; but that should be covered by custom VARs. try contact xotcpc for your case.

Correct. His warranty may have been voided by Xotic and ASUS may not have to provide any services to this customer. The point of possible issue is the replacement of the wi-fi card with a new product. As retailers we're allowed to REPLACE with same model parts in the non-user serviceable areas (Exception being RAM, we can do whatever with that)

I don't remember if the wireless card is in the non-serviceable area on the G74SX. That's something Marshall@ASUS or CL-Albert will have to answer

I know ASUS tends to have some non-official 'working agreements' with the re-sellers who mod the laptops beyond their normal specifications. However, it's still at their discretion if they will allow warranty service on these units.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Shawnnepc wrote:
Correct. His warranty was technically voided by Xotic and ASUS doesn't have to provide any services to this customer.

If this is true "technically" ASUS should say that the warranty is violated, not take the laptop for repair.

Assuming what he says is true then ASUS service is beyond unprofessional regardless if the warranty is voided, or if hit attitude is not correct, or the post place is not here. If I was in his position I would be more than angry and more than demanding. Now I can't say it should be that way but I can understand the frustration. Again this is assuming all his words are true and the story is not modified in any way to present ASUS in bad light. I would like some official statement from ASUS regarding the case. As we saw one side of the case lets see if ASUS representative would present the other. Just ignoring the case is not a good sign in my opinion (the forum may not be the correct one but the topic is already here).

DRAKON wrote:
If this is true "technically" ASUS should say that the warranty is violated, not take the laptop for repair.

Assuming what he says is true then ASUS service is beyond unprofessional regardless if the warranty is voided, or if hit attitude is not correct, or the post place is not here. If I was in his position I would be more than angry and more than demanding. Now I can't say it should be that way but I can understand the frustration. Again this is assuming all his words are true and the story is not modified in any way to present ASUS in bad light. I would like some official statement from ASUS regarding the case. As we saw one side of the case lets see if ASUS representative would present the other. Just ignoring the case is not a good sign in my opinion (the forum may not be the correct one but the topic is already here).

They wouldn't know until the customer provides the receipt or once the unit has been disassembled and non-oem parts are found. We don't get any custom SKUing that tells the different resellers apart (Besides the B,BB, BBK SKU found on Best Buy units) There's no system that binds the serial number to any specific retailer unless the unit is registered online with ASUS by the consumer or reseller.

Generally with cases like this the customer is better off going to the reseller / retailer 1st (As long as the reseller/retailer PROVIDES a warranty)

We (resellers) have a direct line to ASUS support and can generally cut around the red tape that hinders the call center support.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Shawnnepc wrote:
They wouldn't know until the customer provides the receipt or once the unit has been disassembled and non-oem parts are found. We don't get any custom SKUing that tells the different resellers apart (Besides the B,BB, BBK SKU found on Best Buy units) There's no system that binds the serial number to any specific retailer unless the unit is registered online with ASUS by the consumer or reseller.

Generally with cases like this the customer is better off going to the reseller / retailer 1st (As long as the reseller/retailer PROVIDES a warranty)

We (resellers) have a direct line to ASUS support and can generally cut around the red tape that hinders the call center support.

What does the reseller warranty or changed parts have to do with the poor customer service? They could just take the laptop, disassemble it, see that warranty was violated, assemble it and ship it back. What is so hard about that? Do you need some very special skills to do it? I don't think so.

To be honest if I have read about this before buying ASUS I wouldn't buy it at all. Not only nobody from ASUS responds to this but some reseller decides to blame the customer because he wants to know what is going on with HIS PROPERTY! Are you kidding me here?

I do not have problems with my laptop but I'm already frustrated as he is. This is not how you build reputation and this is not how you build trust!

wo calm down guys. it's frustrated to read all these 😕

let's us take the mess one at a time:
1. find out where the laptop is; it shouldn't be so hard with the tracking number and all i think;
2. send it back to the OP so that he can proceed with xoticpc warranty service.

(i know it can be simpler but only god knows what else are in between that might complicate things)

DRAKON wrote:
What does the reseller warranty or changed parts have to do with the poor customer service? They could just take the laptop, disassemble it, see that warranty was violated, assemble it and ship it back. What is so hard about that? Do you need some very special skills to do it? I don't think so.

To be honest if I have read about this before buying ASUS I wouldn't buy it at all. Not only nobody from ASUS responds to this but some reseller decides to blame the customer because he wants to know what is going on with HIS PROPERTY! Are you kidding me here?

I do not have problems with my laptop but I'm already frustrated as he is. This is not how you build reputation and this is not how you build trust!

Sadly this is nothing new with Asus. And this is something I tell everyone who says the word Asus. I tell them to look at how their support is and the overall rating of their RMA's They then end up buying a EVGA, Alienware or other product lol.