cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G46vw wireless problems.

jpomz
Level 7
I just bough a g46vw today, and I'm having a lot of trouble with the wireless card. I can rarely connect to my wifi network, and when I do, I have an absurdly slow connection, even when I'm right next to the router. I googled the wireless card and tried the solutions on the intel website, but none of them are working.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?
7 REPLIES 7

Pitcher1
Level 9
could you try re-install driver.

I reinstalled the drivers, to no effect.

gypsymoth
Level 9
On my G74SX, the wireless card wouldn't connect to my router in the same room. But when I move it further away (into the living room), it connected fine. Funny how RF signal and interference works. Try moving further away and see if the situation get better.

bignazpwns
Level 11
Had the same issues with a G75VX.

Do you have the braudcom card? This is the card i had and i had issues with.

jpomz
Level 7
I've got the intel centrino wireless card, and it is terrible no matter where I go in my house. Oddly, it works fine in my buddies house, my campus, and my job.

I think it might be a problem with my router, but not everyone in my house has this problem.

jpomz wrote:
I've got the intel centrino wireless card, and it is terrible no matter where I go in my house. Oddly, it works fine in my buddies house, my campus, and my job.
I think it might be a problem with my router, but not everyone in my house has this problem.

That's pretty typical experience once you have multiple computers and routers. You'll experience incompatibility issues between some laptops and some routers. And many times, there is nothing you can do to make them compatible.

I had a HP laptop once. It just won't connect to a primary router on site. The other laptops at the same site connects to that router fine. The HP laptop connects fine to every other router elsewhere. Didn't want to switch the primary router because it may create incompatibility with working laptops (we had more than 5 at the time). So we had to install a secondary router.

But if you have only one laptop and one router, then you have the freedom to switch the internal WiFi card or the router.

bignazpwns
Level 11
Try another channel. Chances are this is your routers problem.