cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bricked G75VW - ROM File

Jihilian
Level 7
Hi again people,

As some of you already know, i bricked my note. Now i think the only way of reviving it is flash the whole BIOS chip again. And for that i need a complete BIOS file, not the one from web site. This one is just a part of the BIOS component.

So i'm asking if someone have this ROM file, or knows someone who have this file to send me (or sell, i'm desperate). I'll be grateful.

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

httuner
Level 9
Recovering a bad flash is quite hard and sometimes require a lot of luck. The Bios file from the website is correct you just have to rename it to .ROM to change the extension on the bios file. I don't know why Asus choose to name their bios files .(whatever version the bios is)

httuner wrote:
Recovering a bad flash is quite hard and sometimes require a lot of luck. The Bios file from the website is correct you just have to rename it to .ROM to change the extension on the bios file. I don't know why Asus choose to name their bios files .(whatever version the bios is)

I don't think the web version is enough. From what i have read, the BIOS file from web site is just a part of it.

And RMA is not a option.

Jihilian wrote:
I don't think the web version is enough. From what i have read, the BIOS file from web site is just a part of it.

And RMA is not a option.

Where did you read that the BIOS file from the web is just a part? The BIOS file on the website is the whole BIOS file, there isn't anything else to it.
G55VW-DS71 - i7 3610QM - 16gb DDR3 1600mhz - 128gb SSD - GTX 660M 2gb

Pitcher1
Level 9
i thing if your laptop is brick,your better way is sned back to asus service center for RMA.

bignazpwns
Level 11
Few issues here.

If you bricked it to the point you need this its not going to help you much since the only options will be do a piggyback flash. I did this on a older MX17 for a guy and it was a PITA. Basically you dissemble the whole thing obtain a pre programed bios chip. There are people who can program them for you or you can get a programmer for cheap. You then stack it on your old bios chip so all the legs are touching "I used a really thing peace of 2 sided tape to hold it. You boot into windows remove the ic then run a windows based bios flashing program to flash it back.

If you have a warranty still just rma it and get a new motherboard put in it.

Guido7142
Level 7
I have the exact same issue, any ideas or results so far ?
G75VW-BBK5 / i7 3610QM / 8GB RAM / OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB / GTX 660M

Guido7142
Level 7
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29307-Another-Briked-G75/page8
G75VW-BBK5 / i7 3610QM / 8GB RAM / OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB / GTX 660M