cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCLK stuck on 4.2

JJFIVEOH
Level 7
After flashing to 1850 my BCLK is stuck on 4.2. I believe this happened after I set my OC settings to where I had 1409. This is not the first time this happened though. It did also happen when I was using 1303. My solution then was to RMA that board. Although that wasn't the only reason that board was RMA'ed but point is I didn't find a solution. Since this happened, I have unistalled/reinstalled AI Suite, I have also cleared CMOS as well as downgrade to 1409 and back up again to 1850. I have also set BCLK to manual in BIOS settings to try to "unlock" the 4.2. Nothing has fixed it. Here is a screenshot. Any ideas as to why this happened and/or how to fix it?

7 REPLIES 7

Raja
Level 13
Might be some kind of ROM corruption - you may need to flash one BIOS chip to the other to fix it (BIOS 1409 added this feature). If that does not work, then RMA the board.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
I encountered this error too. What was strange was it was only on my TaiServer OS HDD. I would shut down things and plug in my WinLite XP OS HDD and it would be fine. Luckily it had nothing to do with the BIOS chip being borked and everything was fine. It just didn't like TaiServer.

Raja
Level 13
Only other thing I can think of is the MEI drivers having an issue...

-Raja

I haven't messed with flashing to another chip like you mention, guess I'm not familiar with that yet. But, I did check my MEI driver, when I clicked on Management Engine Interface in device manager, it said there was no driver found. Yet when I clicked on the driver tab, it showed a driver was installed. Either way, I downloaded the MEI driver from ASUS and it told me I already had a newer driver installed. I went ahead and installed the older(?) driver from ASUS and now everything works fine..... BCLK is back and it does recognize the driver. Somewhere along the line I must have allowed Advanced System Optimizer to install a new driver and it could have been the wrong one, or it just didn't install correctly. Thank you!

Retired
Not applicable
oke zzz

Cheeba
Level 9
JJFIVEOH wrote:
After flashing to 1850 my BCLK is stuck on 4.2. I believe this happened after I set my OC settings to where I had 1409. This is not the first time this happened though. It did also happen when I was using 1303. My solution then was to RMA that board. Although that wasn't the only reason that board was RMA'ed but point is I didn't find a solution. Since this happened, I have unistalled/reinstalled AI Suite, I have also cleared CMOS as well as downgrade to 1409 and back up again to 1850. I have also set BCLK to manual in BIOS settings to try to "unlock" the 4.2. Nothing has fixed it. Here is a screenshot. Any ideas as to why this happened and/or how to fix it?

I was having this exact same problem with my MIVE-Z. BLCK was stuck at 4.2 in AI suite. Being a newb at this I was starting to freak out thinking I had ^&uked somthing up! Checked my MEI drivers as suggested and sure enough wrong ones installed. Installed correct MEI drivers and all is good!

Thanks Raja and JJFIVEOH

Although, under Chipset Family SMBus Controller in the device manager, the device status still says no driver is installed. Should say it is working properly. But if I click on the driver tab it says driver 9.2.0.1011 is installed. I figured this would be included in the MEI drivers. There isn't a separate download for this on Asus.