cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX Cooling pad

Retired
Not applicable
Has anyone found one or figured out how to rig one up????

I kinda cooked an egg on it last night, on purpose, but it proved that if playing hard, it indeed gets very hot. I have found no laptop cooling pads that vent back and I'm either looking for one, or if anyone can figure out how to set up a makeshift pad with small cpu fans or something.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

Retired
Not applicable
what do you mean by cooling pad? a notebook cooler? you can check out the coolermaster sf19. i think the design fits the g series well.

Chastity
Level 10
Cooling pads will be very minimal impact on the G74SX, since it has no vents on the bottom. So get one that you are comfortable with.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
i know that, im asking if anyone has made one that will cool it now, because of the new fan position

Chastity
Level 10
Uhm, no, since the vents are on top above the keyboard. Would be kind of wonky to set up fans in front of the keys and LCD panel. Besides, with a 69C top temp on a 945/1680 overclock on the gpu with Furmark, I don't think it will be necessary.

What temps are you recording with your gameplay? If you wanted to use a cooler, you would need to undo the bottom panel to allow the airflow, tho this will allow dust to accumulate inside the chassis.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]