cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SW SZ211V cant install new driver for gtx 460m

Retired
Not applicable
Hi i cant install official driver from nvidia, cause when i run it it always says that hardware is incompatible... my friend got same laptop only g73 with i7 and 460 and he can install it with no problem... what should i do?
4 REPLIES 4

irdmoose
Level 10
Did you make sure that you downloaded the mobile driver? Also, have you tried installing the driver that your friend installed successfully?

Retired
Not applicable
yeah its the exactly same one, m version 64bit system... ive seen few topics about not being able to update drivers (http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=187110) but i havent found any solution yet, im just using old asus 267.21 drivers 😞

xeromist
Sometimes this type of thing can be resolved by flashing to a different video bios. Another way would be to extract all of the files from the driver package and add whatever device ID is showing for the card to the package's device list. If you don't understand what I mean by that or you're just not comfortable with it then I would recommend using your old driver until they get it fixed in a new driver.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Chastity
Level 10
See my driver page (link in sig) for a modded Verde 275.50 Beta package. This should solve your install woes.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]