cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on the G75VX ASUS Fan Filter Checker

SpeedyPC
Level 7
G'day all,

This is my first time joining the ASUS Republic of Gamers Forum (G'day all from the Land of OZ), I'm please to own the G75VX laptop for the first time for nearly over 3 weeks now and I'm loving every bit of this great laptop since I've been using a desktop for years.

I have a general question on the ASUS Fan Filter Checker the software program is enable (turn on) and I have a total of 64hrs so far, does the ASUS Fan Filter Checker send me a pop-up warning when to clean the dust out of the fans and the detachable filters that comes with the laptop. Also as my first time owning a laptop would you be kind enough to tell me what is the correct way cleaning the dust detachable filters that comes with the laptop, and is okay to used the air compressor can that you buy in computers store to blow-out the dust at the two fans when I remove the screen detachable filters.

Thank you.

Kind Regards
SpeedyPC 😉
ASUS G75VX-T4153H
6 REPLIES 6

SpeedyPC
Level 7
Anybody help with this question above this topic post would be very helpful please.
ASUS G75VX-T4153H

SpeedyPC
Level 7
Still no answer ??? seem like everybody sleeping 😞
ASUS G75VX-T4153H

Slow-pC
Level 7
A quick wash under water for the grills or some compressed air would be ok to clean out the machine from what I would say... Its what I use, but I use a regular compressor and not the chemical based cans.

mrwolf
Level 10
Hey there lol, everyone is still sleeping or just lazy 😛

Well i would say delete the fan filter checker because there just is no sense in having it lol.. Its just some asus bloatware that is not needed basically.. Just check up on your fans like every couple of months.. to be honest it doesnt get dirty thaat fast, if you are using an MX because your fans wont work so hard, even if you overclock it to the MAX it will still not work that hard because the gtx 670mx runs at very cold temps and is in a way designed to be overclocked.. so yea you dont need that fan filter checker crap lol..

To properly clean the machine, all you gotta do is unscrew the cover on the back and pop the clips out gently from all the sides. Once open jus remove the filters give em a good clean or wash them whatever you wanna do and pop em back in... If you want you can use compressed air to clean it out even more but be careful not to damage the fan itself as compressed air coming out of those little straws can be quite powerful.. Also i would advise aim the nozzle/straw of the compressed air towards the exhaust of the laptop so that dust actually gets pushed out and not deeper into the machine..

mrwolf wrote:
Also i would advise aim the nozzle/straw of the compressed air towards the exhaust of the laptop so that dust actually gets pushed out and not deeper into the machine..

Could you please explain this in further details on what you mean by this correctly, if you're saying aim the nozzle/straw at the intake fans when I unscrew the back panel under the laptop right ?? and finally do I need to remove the battery before using the compressed air because it doesn't say in the ASUS Manual.

mrwolf wrote:
Well i would say delete the fan filter checker because there just is no sense in having it lol.. Its just some asus bloatware that is not needed basically..

If this bloody software asus bloatware then why the hell did these arsehole created this software to get us confused, if this is not part of the monitoring and cleaning the bloody dust out sound like a waste of time creating a fan filter checker. When do I get to smack'em right on the Asus head with my cricket bat 😉
ASUS G75VX-T4153H

Pitcher1
Level 9
hi, the tool just a timer, when you enable, the tool will calculate for a period of time, it will pop out the windown to remind you clean the fan, it have not any sensor.