cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to change screen on G75VX?

IGottaCookie
Level 7
I'm bummed out by the quality of the display ASUS put in the G75VX and was wondering if its possible to put any other type of screen in here. A higher quality one, possibly 3D or 120hz if its possible.
11 REPLIES 11

Pitcher1
Level 9
i don't suggest it, because asus can not guarantee it is able to use.

Williamtell
Level 7
talk to Hidevolution tech support. I had the monitor upgraded when ordering the G75VX

TokoDude
Level 10
Yes you can let a company change the screen for you.

warrnty will stop if you change it beware of that!

But why whould you change your screen?
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

Akki
Level 7
I am not sure why people are complaining about screen.
Had like 10Laptops in past, from 10 to 19 inches and (personally / my opinion) this is best screen i ever had. i am Using this laptop both for gaming and business purposes.

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
The G75VW has the worst screen I have seen amongst any laptop!!!! When I lok at other laptops I feel that my screen is a screen that someone has pissed all over.

Due to it being anti-glare, it makes the screen look very fuzzy as if there was some kind of film on it. The glossy screens are the best
ASUS G75VW-T1086V
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LAT-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus 5400 RPM HDD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen

DanishKid wrote:
The G75VW has the worst screen I have seen amongst any laptop!!!! When I lok at other laptops I feel that my screen is a screen that someone has pissed all over.

Due to it being anti-glare, it makes the screen look very fuzzy as if there was some kind of film on it. The glossy screens are the best

That's your personal opinion, not a fact. Fact is that the screen on the G75 (at least the chi-mei panels) are very good. Yes, they could have made them a little less fuzzy (seriously, stop staring at it 5 inches from your face, it's the only way I would notice it that badly); and yes, they do have those strange lines on dark gradients (which is believed to be more of a driver issue than a hardware one). So no, it's not perfect, but it's very acceptable in it's current form.

Shawnnepc
Level 13
I'm not sure if we're allowed to 'upgrade' the LCD post purchase and retain the default ASUS warranty.

I sent the question to ASUS and will let you all know.

I know there are some reseller exceptions PRE purchase on screen replacements.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

colpolite
Level 9
I had the G55VW matte screen and compared to my return for full refund G75VX Chi Mei screen. It looks like the G75vx screen has some kind of grease smeared all over it and it was so grainy and it's hard to look at it.

The G55VW Matte screen was clear as day that does not have the greasy look.

Chi Mei sucks.

ZeroBarrier
Level 10
You're comparing a 1080p 15" screen to a 1080p 17" screen, seriously? Of course the G55 will look sharper than the G75, it has a higher PPI! Let's try not to compare apples to oranges, OK?

Here's a good review of the Chi Mei panel.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Update-Review-Asus-G75VW-T1040V-Notebook.76032.0.html