cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED exhaust fan mod.

Bosch164
Level 7
I've seen from Xotic pc about led's in the fan exhaust. 19381
Im curious to how it would be done. Has anyone tried this mod?
12 REPLIES 12

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think it is refit, because it will be occuring unpredictable problem, so asus not agree it.

Bosch164
Level 7
I found a video of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nMSEo_dhi4 I just like the idea of having something like this. I might just have to wait until my warranty expires until I actually dig deeper.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
That would look cool, but then it would also look like an alienware POS.

Bundy_Drop_Bear wrote:
That would look cool, but then it would also look like an alienware POS.

Eh Alienware is cool. My only complaint is thier prices. lol

Tmjpwns
Level 7
Asus had some LED ideas years ago, The G1/G2 had flashing LEDs on the sides of the screen and a tiny OLED display above the keyboard that would show either the time or a personalized message.

Don't know what they did after that since i jumped directly from my trusty old G1S to a G74SX and then the G75VW.

But that LED mod should be simple enough, buy a couple of 3-5mm DIY LEDs, pick the computer apart, find a 12v source (keyboard lights or USB outlet) solder the led wiring to 12v+ and ground, find a suitable route for the wires and place the LEDs, reasemble and test it.
G751JY 32GB GTX980M OC, Killer Wlan, Liquid Metal.
Maximus XIII, I9-11900, 64gb,TUF RTX 3080, ROG Ally

Tmjpwns wrote:
Asus had some LED ideas years ago, The G1/G2 had flashing LEDs on the sides of the screen and a tiny OLED display above the keyboard that would show either the time or a personalized message.

The G50VT also had these, I truly miss the small oled display. After modding it to actually display relevant info instead of just the ROG logo, it was an awesome monitor for everything you could think of. GPU temp, CPU temp, fan rpm, voltage, fps counter, CPU speed, GPU core/shader speed, Ram, etc.

Apexing
Level 9
^^
what Tmjpwns said.
You can even get some LED strips and hook it up the way he say.

xeromist
It's possible they might have a source for small LED equipped fans. In which case it would be a simple process of swapping out the fan.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

httuner
Level 9
Asus needs to bring back that mini LED display_ would be really nice to monitor temps while gaming or benching =P