cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Problems After Testing iGPU

bmw477
Level 8
I have 2 680's SLI connected via DVI cable and everything has been working great since I installed my MVE. This morning I thought I would test the iGPU to see it work. I connected the HDMI cable from the motherboard to my monitor and rebooted and changed the BIOS setting from AUTO to iGPU. It booted fine but obviously I needed to install the drivers for the iGPU because the colors and resolution were default. I downloaded the most recent driver from Intel and installed and rebooted. It started up and I got to desktop and all looked great. So, I had seen that it works so I rebooted, went back into BIOS and changed the setting back from iGPU to AUTO. I switched my input on the monitor back to DVI and the boot up process looked normal, until the Windows splash screen. I saw the Windows screen but then my monitor went black and no signal was detected. I pressed the reset button and went into BIOS and changed the graphics setting from AUTO to PCIE. Rebooted and same thing happened. BLack screen after windows screen. So, I went to BIOS and put it back on iGPU and switched my monitor input back to HDMI and it booted fine to desktop. So, I am very confused. Since I installed newest drivers for iGPU, that is now all I can seem to use to get to desktop. My 680's cause a black screen, regardless of what I have set in the BIOS. That is the most confusing part. Even if I set the graphics config to PCIE, it still does not let me see the desktop. Please help. I am using BIOS 1707. Thank you in advance for any suggestions about this issue.
Asus Maximus V Extreme
Intel i7 3770k
16G G. Skill Sniper Series 2133 MHz
2 x EVGA 680 Superclocked +
Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Cooler
2 x Crucial m4 128G SSD in Raid 0
2 x Seagate Baracuda 500G in Raid 0
Seasonic 1050 Watt PSU
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do a clear CMOS with your video cable connected to the 680 card. Should sort stuff out. Oh and remember to remove the igpu drivers from your system too.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

bmw477
Level 8
So the iGPU drivers and my Nvidia drivers cannot coincide together? Or are you just saying to uninstall the iGPU drivers as a troubleshooting step.
Asus Maximus V Extreme
Intel i7 3770k
16G G. Skill Sniper Series 2133 MHz
2 x EVGA 680 Superclocked +
Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Cooler
2 x Crucial m4 128G SSD in Raid 0
2 x Seagate Baracuda 500G in Raid 0
Seasonic 1050 Watt PSU

billyray520
Level 10
They need to go. Unless you are going to use the Virtu MVP in multi-monitor mode, which wouldn't make sense with your high performance vga card setup. The HD4000 drivers will otherwise conflict with the Nvidia drivers. The only way (that I know of) to make both work together is to use the Intel Display drivers suppliled by Asus on the DVD, not Intel's. You can use the Intel drivers if you want, but then you have to remove the Nvidia cards and drivers.
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7