cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

geforce experience issues

jsarver
Level 11
any of you guys having bad luck with geforce experience on these notebooks. the program isnt finding the most updated drivers like it does on my desktop and its selection for game settings is waaayyyy to low for what my computer can handle.

i love the program on my desktop pc but damn it barely works on my notebook!
8 REPLIES 8

Sagi
Level 7
jsarver wrote:
any of you guys having bad luck with geforce experience on these notebooks. the program isnt finding the most updated drivers like it does on my desktop and its selection for game settings is waaayyyy to low for what my computer can handle.

i love the program on my desktop pc but damn it barely works on my notebook!

Not sure what the problem is?

Is it the drivers you can't get to work or is the ASUS update you're talking about?
The King of the north!

TokoDude
Level 10
Do you mean the geforce experience app from NVIDEA? or ASUS LIVE UPDATE?

I only had 1 time the problem that the hole programme didn’t work any more.
further the settings they recommend for a game is very bad you can put settings much higher then they recommend

ASUS LIVE UPDATE

Isn't showing off the new updates for NiVIDIA or other programs i always have to download it from the ASUS website
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

im speaking about the nvidia app.

it tells me my drivers are up to date on my lappy when my pc says they need updating..its like its not fetching the correct info

the game settings suggestions are vastly less then what they should be too on the lappy but my pc seems to be spot on.

weird

jsarver wrote:
im speaking about the nvidia app.

it tells me my drivers are up to date on my lappy when my pc says they need updating..its like its not fetching the correct info

the game settings suggestions are vastly less then what they should be too on the lappy but my pc seems to be spot on.

weird

It might be because the NVIDIA laptop drivers are technically a different set versus the Desktop drivers. It's likely due to the complexities of laptop drivers and vendor specific cards.

From testing on my G75 the suggested settings were correct for 'optimal' frame rates. However, many users will end up tweaking other settings or are OK with various drops below the optimal frame rate.

The 'optimal' frame rate varies per game, with some games meeting a 30 FPS requirement and others a 60 FPS requirement. Because there's no standardization the tool is really only good as a starting point for further tweaking based on tastes

The 660MX and 670MX are considered 'mid-range' and they perform as such.
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

willy
Level 7
The settings do seem low on my G75VX. Not sure what they are trying to do such as getting 60fps or if are trying to hit a minimum frame rate, but for Bioshock Infinite it has everything off (AA, AO,shadows) and everything else is normal. Well I have everything on high/ultra and everything set to on and I never get lag. I'm coming from consoles and don't check the fps but everythings smooth and that's good enough for me. As for drivers I have the 314.22 so not sure about that part of the question.

ZeroBarrier
Level 10
I think you meant the 660m and 670m.

ZeroBarrier wrote:
I think you meant the 660m and 670m.

G75VX is 6xxMX

G75VW is 6xxM

Should still have the same settings with GeForce experience
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Yes, I know that. Just correcting what you said, 660mx (doesn't exist as far as I know)