Thread: Windows 7 Install- UEFI Mode Booting

Windows 7 Install- UEFI Mode Booting

Hello guys, I'd like to install w7 through the UEFI mode on a raid 0 config.

Already flashed the latest orom and got the latest drivers from iRST.

OROM: 12.6.0.1867
    IRST: 12.6.0.1028

I'm not to sure how to start this install.

Currently i have a yumi usb stick which I use to install windows, but everytime I press the UEFI +name of the usb, nothing happens, goes black for a 2 seconds and then comes back, but if I press the name of the usb (none uefi) I can see Yumi installer and everything looks fine.

1.jpg2.jpg

As you can see, Im unable to see my drives connected in raid 0, but I know they are there.
    Can also someone tell me how to find out the satadriver version of this configuration??

Finally, saw a video in yt, which was telling me how to set up the right config of UEFI Install mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jw58OOvEyg

Thanks a lot!

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

Used the Windows7 64bit SP1 ?

ROG Member Array

Desertum_0,

If you delete the RAID array, can you see both drives on the SATA Configuration screen?

Also, try setting the Boot/CSM/Boot DeviceControl to UEFI only and theBoot/CSM/Boot from Storage Devices to UEFI Driver First.
    Doing this, you are forcing your BIOS to use the UEFI exclusively.

Banned Array

I run the same OROM/IRST as you do.

you are doing it correctly to start UEFI install. in UEFI boot mode, just go to that extra OROM tab (in your 1st pic) and create a new RAID0 array for your SSDs, then insert UEFI bootable media and here the problem. I was only able to do this with EFI bootable USB flash stick as my DVD-ROM (including EFI bootable DVD) does NOT show up over SATA RAID.

the rest is easy, but mind that you WILL need F6 IRST drivers placed on the same USB stick containing the EFI WIndows installer. it will NOT work with 2 separate USB sticks (tried that, installer hangs).

then it's easy.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array red454's Avatar

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the purpose / benefit of a UEFI Mode Boot?
    ASUS Maximus V Formula | Core i7-3770K | Corsair Air540 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Corsair Neutron GTX 240 & Force GT 120GB SSD | Corsair TX750M | Seagate 1TB & 3TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX 770 | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win7 Ultimate

Banned Array

well, it's the native environment for new UEFI BIOSes after all ... my system boots faster with it since there is no need to detect Legacy Boot devices, only a few seconds and it waits on Windows logon screen.

the old good MBR partition layout is getting deprecated slowly and it's about time, it's 30 years old ...

Quote Originally Posted by red454 View Post

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by red454 View Post
    UEFI boot is supposed to be faster than BIOS, and you can optionally configure it to secure boot mode, which means it will only load OSes that have a signed boot file.

Windows 8 is the only OS, AFAIK, that supports secure boot.
    Windows 7 support UEFI boot, not secure mode.

Thanks for the information HalfBit

ROG Enthusiast Array

and gets you past that awful awful awful 2.2tb glitch that windows loves on 3tb hdds...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array apocalypzez's Avatar

At least u have the RAID setup....I don't even get any raid tab at bios. If I set to raid mode all my hdd and ssd falls out from the boot devices just shows up at sata tab!! Maybe I'll have to tinker with CSM.
    desertum_0, what options do you get under the boot devices?? There should be something like windows boot manager...!!
    ASUS Maximus V Extreme || Core i7 3770K (4.6GHz Turbo) w/ (1.320) || Corsair H100i push/pull Exhaust || EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC with ACX Cooling & Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti Windforce 3x in SLI || G.Skill Trident X F3-2400C10D-16GTX (2Kits) 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 @ 10-12-12-31-2N || Samsung 840 PRO 512GB x2 (RAID0) || WD Caviar Black 1.5TB Docs & Storage || Corsair AX1200i || Corsair Obsidian 750D || Dell U3011 || Windows 8 Pro Media Center Edition x64 || Logitech Z2300 THX Certified 2.1 Speaker || Roccat Kave