cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Gene-z PCIe and Memory Slot issue

Retired
Not applicable
So i just got my Gene-z board, got everything put together and at first couldn't get the board to post, eventually by putting the memory in slots A1/A2 it would post, but no dual channel. Also once windows was setup it was apparent that my second video card wasn't working/showing up at all. I checked the bios and it's not listed under the gpu/dram listing and not shown in windows device manager. I tried reversing the cards, and the outcome was still the same. When i tried just using the second slot, i had the same results, it booted but no video display ever kicked on. I am using (2) GTX460 1gb video cards (asus branded), 8gb DDR3 G.Skill Sniper ram and i7 2600k.

So far i have not tried updating the bios to the latest, but i've tried the usual cmos clear, set defaults, remove power to no avail...

Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

Raja
Level 13
Hi,

Using one module of DRAM, update the BIOS to the latest and see if this helps.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Ok, all updated to the latest bios. Once I throw the second stick in I get stuck at debug code 38, even with the mem ok function enabled. If I move it to the slot to run single channel, it boots fine. And I still only show one card in the bios and windows.

Raja
Level 13
What's the rated speed of the DIMMs?

Also what CPU cooler are you using?

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
The memory is ddr3 1333 (10666) and the cooler I am using is the thermalright venomous x

What is the Sniper model?

Maybe enable the XMP and see if it works better?

If you still stuck (Unless it is another problem), Sniper F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 1.25V is cheap and probably/maybe good for Ivy Bridge later.

Also, I would be testing with this...
http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

I am going to try 16Gig of F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 tonight.

Retired
Not applicable
The Snipers model number is F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR. So far nothing has been able to get it to run in the A1/B1 slots, only A1/A2. I was able to get an RMA arranged last night since nothing seemed to be working for the Video card issue....Hopefully that will resolve all the issues 🙂

p.s. in case someone wondered, 16Gig of F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 worked well, passed memtest. Memory runs 10% faster with 16G for some reason.